Yep, you're seeing this right, we're going to be adopting!!! Chad and I found out exactly two weeks ago tonight that we are going to be a mommy and daddy and IT'S A GIRL!!! She's due May 29th. I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are about this. There aren't enough words to explain just how special this whole experience has been for us.We first had contact with our birthmom around the first part of March and we've been emailing her at least once a day since then. Her name is Danielle (that's why we choose Danielle as a middle name) and she is such an amazing person! We look forward to her emails everyday and have loved getting to know her. We can't describe the great respect and admiration that we have for her. She has relied on her Heavenly Father to help guide her in her decisions and has touched our lives in so many ways.
We met with her and her parents on March 31st and found out the great news on April 8th and it's been a whirlwind ever since. We've been busy painting, shopping, planning and preparing. We've also been doing a lot of smiling.
I just wanted to express my appreciation to each and everyone of you who have supported Chad and I in our journey. We have felt your prayers in our behalf, THANK YOU!
Sometimes our prayers are answered
by those who have touched our lives.
44 comments:
Wow! I couldn't help but re-read and re-read that. And I couldn't help but cry when I realized it was real. Congratulations! I'm happy and excited for you both! What a blessing. :)
SO MUCH HAPPINESS. Seriously, I am just grinning from ear to ear for you guys. What a wonderful, wonderful announcement! Congratulations, you two (soon to be three!) I am anxious and excited and elated for you.
I have been hoping for this post... congrats! No two people deserve it more. Welcome to the world of girls... it's a dramatic roller coaster, but I do love roller coasters and so will you!
P.S.- Cute name by the way.
The tears just keep coming! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and good luck!
Congratulations you guys! I am so excited for you. Your post brought back so many memories for me. I will always treasure the weeks between our birthmom choosing us and when Matthew was born. Write everything down!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you! You'll be wonderful parents!!
Well, I've already said it all, but "YOUR GOING TO BE A MOM!" You just can't say that enough!!! No one deserves it more.
I heard a rumor from my mom.
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys.
That is soooo exciting! You guys will be such cute parents. What a lucky little girl! That is amazing and I am so excited for you. Yay for you guys!!
Can't stop crying here! I am so excited for you! I hope that everything goes well for you during the next few crazy weeks you'll have! You two deserve the best. Congratulations!
Oh, Camie. I'm totally crying at my desk! You are going to be a great mommy. Congratulations!
Wow amazing! Congratulations!
This was the hardest secret I've had to keep in a long time, especially when all the kids were here for fair week. Thank goodness you (and I) can now shout it to the world! Congratulations to you both. What a special thing to have a close relationship with the birth mother, something most of us will never get to experience.
I have been waiting for this announcement.(your mom let me know) So that I could ask what colors are picking for her room. Let me know soon! Please e-mail me at simplyafamily@live.com
Love you!!! We are so happy for you and Chad.
Congrats!!! We are so excited for you guys!!
So I know that Danny already emailed you but I am just so full of love and joy that I had to write too and say congrats. Here I was at that check out at Wal-Mart last night and Danny calls with the good news. All of the emotion I had when we got "The Call" came rushing back and I had this instant urge to go buy babby supplies! Adoption is a perfect plan set up by our Father in Heaven and, in my opinion one of the greatest "tender mercies of the Lord." Ohh, I just can explain how full my heart is for you both and for the little girl. Does this mean I can post about it now? Love you lots!
Camie and Chad,
WooHoo, get the cameras ready, you're not going to miss a beat I know! I can't imagine not having a full pregnancy to get ready for a baby arrival though, IT WILL COME QUICK and hit you like a ton of bricks, get ready and have fun, and one piece of advice: anything that you need to get done or want to do that wouldn't be easily possible with a baby, do it now! Congratulations and have fun preparing, I'm so happy you don't have to go through recovery of childbirth! You'll have so much more energy when she comes than I would ha ha
Congrats! I am so excited for you.
Camie,
Congratulations! Steven and I are so happy for you and Chad. I knew this day would come. It is good to know the Lord hears our prayers. I look forward to many walks to the park together. However, you may not want to get out too soon. I remember when I first had Anna I just wanted to stay home a stare at her all day. I couldn't get enough of just looking at her.
I am so happy for you and Chad. I know that you have waited for so long for this.
Wahoo!! A big congrats to the two of you. That is wonderful.
You are so blessed. I knew that it would happen soon for you. I just had a feeling. Congratulations! You guys will be great parents. I know someone else from down here who just got to adopt through LDS Social services in Las Vegas and got a little girl also. they are all so happy. Way to go!
I am so excited that you posted this finally!!! I can't wait to meet your little princess!!!
I also wanted to say that I think her middle name is a beautiful tribute to her birth mother; such a selfless, love-filled gift and what a perfect way to honor her. You guys are great.
Oh, Camie, I am so, so happy for you! You are going to be a great mom! And, I think it's wonderful you are nameing her after her birth mother. I am tearing up right now with joy for you. Congrats!
WOW - I can't wait for pictures! Keep us updated. CONGRATS isn't enough for this moment:-)
Wonderful!!!
I feel like I've waited for this post for a long time, and I am so happy that it is finally here! Congratulations! That is the best news ever!!!
Camie!!! I'm so excited for you guys! That is awesome! I actually had a dream the other night that you two had a baby. Congratulations! I don't think I can say that enough. I am so excited and happy for you two!!!
YEEE HAAAW!
That is WONDERFUL news! You are going to make such a super mom!
Little Kinsie is such a lucky, lucky girl!!
Congratulations you guys!!! Such wonderful news. I wish we would be around to see your little one.
Hip hip hooray!! I am jumping out of my seat!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to the 3 of you. What wonderful news!
Yeah, you guys already know how happy I am for you. I keep seeing cute baby girl clothes everywhere...what to buy for baby Kinsie is a tough decision.
Yea!! I am soooo excited for you guys.
I know I already emailed you, but I aM just overjoyed at this news, I am so totally completely happy for you, I just can't wait to see her.
Oh Camie and Chad.... Thats is wonderfull news!!! I have alot of baby girl stuff if you don't all ready have a ton by now :0)
Congratulations!!!!
Ahhh, we are so excited for you guys!!! What an answer to prayer! You have been waiting for such a long time and as soon as you get to hold your baby for the first time, I'm sure the long wait will have been well worth it! Congrats!!!
Camie--I couldn't be more excited for you! Luckily you've had a little bit of a heads up...its a huge, wonderful miracle and a change! Hope it all goes well...can't wait for the details!
C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!! I'm beyond happy for you.
HOLY MOLY!!!! I'm so excited for you! Welcome to the smiles and the tears of being a parent. It's all worth it!!!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you and Chad. If we can ever do anything for you guys please don't hesitate to ask.
Congrats! I am so happy for you what a lucky little girl, your going to be the best parents.
Hooray! That is wonderful news! I just heard and hurried to see it on your blog. You two are going to be the best parents EVER! And I love her name by the way. Congratulations. We are thrilled beyond measure for you and pray that things will continue to go smoothly in your preparations.
Wow! I just got the chills! What good news! The two of you are are going to be such awesome parents. I always love seeing what is on your blog because I always get uplifted. I'm excited to see such wonderful news tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment