I found the bags and gloves at Walmart and then filled them with a variety of seeds. Some vegetables for our garden and some flowers for the rest of the yard. Each of their bags came with some starter kits for flowers. So, we decided to put those together today.
My little gardeners.
Mixing up the dirt and getting it ready to go into the pots.
Filling the pots with the dirt and seeds.
Showing off the final product. (Mmmm...they look good enough to eat.) As you can tell the girls are really excited about their hard work.
With the extra dirt and seeds we put together a little pot for me to enjoy. I love that we're all wearing striped shirts. Mylie was napping while we did this, but she had on a yellow shirt that was striped too.
Here's the little lady after she woke up from her nap. She was too cute not to add to this post.
Once the flowers start to bloom and grow we'll transfer them outside into the flower beds. We also have plans to get some veggies planted into our garden, but we need daddy to go and get the soil first. So, more pictures to come.
3 comments:
That was such a great Easter gift to give the girls. They look like they were having so much fun. Your girls are adorable.
Wow. You are a great mom! If these were my kids, I would make them do this project outside and then I would line them up against the house and hose them down afterward. Shoot--I don't think I'd trust myself to do this project indoors and I'm 38 years old. They look like they are being very careful, though, and they look pretty darned clean!
Such a beautiful family, Camie! Can't wait to see #4!
It's easy Randi! You just threaten them with death. Works for sacrament meeting too :)
Post a Comment