image

image

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Impressed with myself

I know that sounds a little arrogant, but I can't help it. Since becoming a full time mommy I've found it very difficult to get anything done in a days time. I have several things that need to be done and my "to do" list has become a little overwhelming. I've found that if I'm able to accomplish one thing on my list during the day, than I feel I've had a very successful day. I know how pathetic that sounds, but that's just how it is. I take what I can get in between the feedings, changings, burpings, naps, and whatever else Kinsie decides to throw at me. (Don't get me wrong--I love every waking minute I have with her, but I just didn't realize how demanding a new little one can be.)
Well, today I feel pretty darn proud of myself. I was able to sit down, plan out a monthly dinner menu, go over to help a neighbor put together freezer meals, and then take Kinsie grocery shopping for my menu items. I did all of that and even fed Kinsie a bottle while while at the grocery store. Now, I don't claim to be any type of a super mom, not by a long shot, but I am super pleased with what I was able to accomplish! And I'm stoked about my monthly menu! I've been dying to get one done for years, but I always figured it would be too hard to commit to it while I was working. Now that I'm home full time, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Tonight was our first planned meal and I can't tell you how refreshing it was to have dinner all planned out. There was no thinking involved. I just went to the kitchen, got all the items I needed (pre-purchased of course) and made a nice family dinner. I'm kind of wishing I'd started this sooner though. It saves me so much time and it was even better to have a strict grocery list to shop from.
Here's a look at what's on the menu for the rest of the month. I did all of my shopping for the first two weeks and hope to cut down my shopping to every other week.(Click on the image to enlarge)

I know many of you probably have a great system already in place and I commend you for being on the ball, but right now I just have to revel in my little moment of triumph....yeah for me :)

18 comments:

Brianna said...

It still amazes me how much time something so small can take up. You keep up this dinner menu stuff and I think you're well on your way to "super mom" status.

Connie said...

It's amazing how little it seems I get done in the day, but you're philosophy is the key: one thing at a time! Your menu looks great, especially the German pancakes! Mmmm!

Becky said...

I am impressed!!! Way to go.
Isn't it funny how your world is turned completely around and yet you wouldn't have it anyother way...unless you could sleep more. ;)

Sariah said...

Having a baby is a very big thing. It may seem like a small thing but just crossing off one thing a day is a big deal. Welcome to Motherhood. It is a whole new adventure. You learn new things every day. Lists are wonderful things and so are menus. Yours is much more organized than mine though.

Anonymous said...

Good job and way to go!

Curley Family said...

What a great accomplishment. Especially with a new baby. Now maybe I can just copy your menu ideas. :)

BallerinaBiker said...

Yay for you! I think I'm going to copy some of your meals too. I might need recipes! : )

Karena said...

You have every right to be proud of yourself. We mom's hardly have time to shower, let alone make a meal plan. Anytime we accomplish anything, we need to give ourselves a big pat on the back.

Jason & Claire said...

Welcome to motherhood. It's the absolute BEST!

Michaela said...

Good job! Looks like you're doing great! :)

{leah} said...

You're doing good!!! I still have days that life is crazy that I have to think really hard to remember if I brushed my teeth that day.... if not... I go do it and then I count that as my big accomplishment for the day.

Your menu looks really yummy and I might be coping someof thses ideas.

OH, and don't worry, once you get it all figured out, life will change.

Ashley Lorrin Oberg said...

she is so precious i cant wait to see her. I miss you guys and will talk to you soon. YOu are all amazing

Kalun and Kristi said...

That's usually my goal, to accomplish one thing! I did the monthly meals schedule for a while. I loved it our grocery bill even went way down because I went to the store less and then I only bought stuff from my menu. I don't know why I stopped.

Miriam H said...

Hey Camie! I am really happy for you and your sweet baby girl! They are just the sweetest things! I also love to have meals planned out in advance. It makes it quick and easy and a lot less stressful.

Sarah said...

Great job on getting all that done in one day! I can't plan on getting more than one thing done per day for the entire first year (or else I drive myself crazy!)

Also, I LOVE having a menu all planned out! That half hour of planning simplifies things a hundred percent!

Michelle D said...

I know how you feel - not getting anything done on your "to do" list and seeing it grow exponentially! I've been wanting to clean my bathrooms for over a month now - and I just got to it yesterday! Babies take so much time and are so much fun! Enjoy every second - pretty soon they're two!

The Ungermans said...

Your little family is so cute! I just stumbled onto your blog from the adoption profiles page! Congrats she is a doll!!!

Emily said...

Fabulous! You are Amazing!!!