image

image

Monday, July 6, 2009

Reunions and Riding

We've been having lots of family fun this summer and I've neglected to blog about some of it. So, before I jump into our 4th of July fun I thought I'd mention the family reunion we recently had on Chad's side of the family.
It was just a one day event, but enough time to see family and have some fun. We spent the afternoon at Mutual Dell in AF canyon doing a variety of activities. One of those activities included a zip line. It was so much fun and was probably the highlight of the entire day. We all took turns and enjoyed a good laugh watching all the little grandkids and aunts and uncles take a spin. Kinsie was great and slept the entire time allowing Chad and I to have our fill of fun too.

We also had a great 4th of July weekend. Normally we head to my grandparents cabin in Cedar City for a big family reunion, but a couple of things (broken A/C and Kinsie) had us double think that trip. So, this year we ended up staying closer to home for the holiday. We decided to spend some of the daily festivities with Chad's family which started out with a huge and delicious family breakfast at his grandparents place. After having our fill of yummy food Chad's grandpa got out the horses so everyone could go riding. We made sure Kinsie got her turn as well. We stayed for a few more hours and just chilled at Chad's parents and then headed home. Unfortunately we didn't get to see any fireworks, but that's what happens when you have a little girl who is ready to be home and in bed.


11 comments:

Stuart Humes said...

She's so cute, and fat! I love fat babies! It sounds like you guys are doing great! Good to hear from you again!

Chastina said...

That is great that you were still able to do some fun things over the 4th of July. Kinsie is getting so big!

Camie said...

hahaha...she is getting fat! She eats all the time! I love the pics with her on the horse and her little belly poking out. Too cute!

Thomas Family said...

Looks like you had a great time and probably made the right decision about the no A/C thing.

I can't believe how big she is getting. She is very cute.

Karena said...

Oooo! The zip line looks like fun. And Kinsie is getting so big. I'm glad that you guys are coming so that I can see her before she starts dating!!!

Connie said...

We didn't see any fireworks either this year :( But the zip line looks like fun! Can't wait to see you soon and meet Kinsie!

Denise said...

Looks like you had a great time. The zip line looks like so much fun. Glad Kinsie was so good so you didn't have to miss out on the fun.

Anonymous said...

She is getting big quick. She is so cute. Would love to see her in person some time when your down this way.

Emily said...

Oh my stars....she is a total doll!

You guys are the best!

Jason & Claire said...

The zip line looks like so much fun. Can she get any cuter? I don't think so!

{leah} said...

Sounds like fun!

{I like to foot wear that you are wear when you went riding. :) }

Kinsie is getting big!