image

image

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Britnee Renee

She's here! Our sweet little Britnee was born on Friday January 8th at 8:01 am. She weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and measured in at 20 inches long. She takes after daddy with lots of blonde hair. In fact I can't find one little piece of me in her facial features, although she did end up with my freakishly long fingers.
After being in the hospital for almost two days we finally decided to name her Britnee. It was really the only name that seemed to fit and the only name that Chad really loved and I think all daddies should pick out their little girls names. I actually think it's the most perfect name for her and I was lucky enough to be the one to pick the spelling.To make a long story short- my water broke at 11:00 on Thursday night and by 5:45 am I was fully dilated (all on my own with NO PITOCIN!!! ). By 6:00 I started pushing and she was here about 2 hours later. In my opinion I couldn't have asked for a better delivery. I also need to give my wonderful husband some well deserved props! Although he was suffering from a severely sprained ankle and some pulled ligaments that had taken place late Thursday afternoon, he was right by my side the entire time. Except for the few breaks he would take when he could to help reduce the swelling. You should have seen the two of us hobbling into the emergency room together. Overall everything went so smoothly and was such an amazing process.
Proof that Chad really did a number on his ankle.
Kinsie meeting her little sister for the first time. She absolutely loves Britnee and wants to play with her all the time. It's been so much fun watching her interact with Britnee as much as she can. Whenever Britnee makes a noise Kinsie is quick to respond back by making the exact same noise. It's so cute.
Heading home. It's been amazing watching our little family grow so fast over the past year. We're so blessed to have these two little angels in our lives. They have made life feel so much more complete. Now we get to enjoy the two of them while also dealing with the demands that come from having two girls that are only 7 months and 4 weeks apart! Let the real journey begin!

29 comments:

The Noble Steeds said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an amazing blessing! So glad everything went so smoothly.

Denise said...

CONGRATS!!! What a sweet blessing to join your home. She does look like Chad, what a cutie. That's cute how Kinsie reacts to her new sister. Good Luck with everything.

Staci said...

Congratulations! When I didn't see you guys on Sunday I started wondering if you had her. She's beautiful and you four make a gorgeous family! Congrats again!

Jason & Claire said...

Oh, Camie!!! I'm so happy for all of you. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I lvoe her name,,,and the spelling;) She's beautiful. Isn't seeing the two girls together the most amazing thing ever? I can hardly look at two of my kids loving each other without tearing up. She looks so much like Chad in that last picture. Enjoy your first few days at home with your newly expanded family!

Jason & Claire said...

Sorry- I really messed that comment up!

fsa2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin & Danny said...

Congrats. She does look just like Chad in the last picture. I love how Kinsie looks at her little sister. I am so glad your family has been so blessed and grown so quickly. Hope all of you are doing great.

(Sorry,that last deleted post was from me)

Mary said...

Congrats. She's absolutely gorgeous.

Connie said...

I'm so glad everything went well! I agree, I think the name suits her and does she ever look like CHAD! Sorry, but girls just look like their dads for some reason- I was sad that I didn't see any of me in Eden (and still don't), but every once in a while there's a glimpse! Either way, she is gorgeous, and will be so loved!!! Good job, guys!

Michelle D said...

Yeah for little girls! So glad to hear that everything went well with the delivery. Congratulations to your sweet family of FOUR!

Emily said...

Wow...she DOES look just like her dad!

And I still think Kinsie looks so much like you.

Congratulations and best of luck to you and your adorable little family.

Wendy said...

Congrats!!! Your family is just wonderful and these little girls couldn't have two better parents!!! Have a great time on you new and wonderful journey!!!! (just remember, don't sweat the little things!!! They just get in the way of the things that matter most!)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Yay! Good job Camie, now the not so fun part, recovery begins. Even if you feel great, keep it slow and let it come. Be patient with your body, recovery DOES happen. You'll bounce back in no time and you're going to need to chasing around Kinsie and doing everything for Britnee.

Amanda said...

What great news! Congratulations to you and your family! Keep us updated on everything!

Brandi said...

Congratulations! I've been waiting for you to have her! She is adorable! I'm so glad to hear all went well with your delivery!! Good luck with the recovery process & everything! Let me know if we can do anything for you guys!

Harris said...

Congrats... she is adorable! LOVE the name too!

Chastina said...

What great news! So glad to hear that the delivery went well and Kinsie loves her sister. What a couple of cute girls! Congrats!

Sarah said...

I love her already 'cuz she shares my bday!! She's beautiful, Cammie! When it rains, it pours!! Congrats!

Karena said...

She's a doll. I can't wait to see her!

Michele and Todd said...

I took one look at the first picture of Britnie on the post and thought she looked like you and the Shunn family. However in some of the other pictures she definitely looks like daddy. She had both of you in her. A big congratulations to both of you.

Tibi said...

Aww how cute! Congrats you guys! She is adorable (: That last picture looks just like Chad! :)

Jenny said...

I knew you both would figure out the name. I love it, she is so cute. To think that she and my H birthdays are neighbors now.

Love you!
Aunt Jenny

Brianna said...

She does look like Chad! I love the spelling of her name and I'm so happy for your growing little family! Good luck!

The Crockett's said...

Congrats! to you guys how exciting to have her here what beautiful girls!

Matt & Melissa said...

Yea!! Congrats, you have 2 cute little girls now!!

BallerinaBiker said...

What a beauty! Congrats! You look fabulous too! I'm so happy for you and your sweet little family. Good luck! And, btw, if you ever need anything, I'm not too far away! : )

Sariah said...

Congratulations Camie!!!!!

the Pearce Place said...

Incredible! congratulations, Gorgeous family! I see some of you in her!!!

Shannon said...

That is so great, you guys! Congratulations on your beautiful new little bundle. What a happy family you guys are! I hope all is going well and that Chad's ankle is healing...that is one nasty sprain. What a crazy week that must have been!