Well, after the girls were done with their juice, both bottles ended up on the floor. Once I got around to picking them up, Kinsie's yellow bottle was nowhere to be found. I didn't think too much about it, until Saturday rolled around (my cleaning day) and the bottle was still M.I.A. Now, a week later, Chad and I are assuming the bottle is gone forever.
Here's our theory:
First, some background info. At the beginning of the month Chad and I sat down at the computer to over our monthly budget. Britnee sat on the floor, content to let mommy and daddy get stuff done. Kinsie, however, decided she needed some entertainment. So, I allowed her to play with my wallet. She was in heaven! After we were done I started putting my wallet back together and discovered I was missing a credit card and my Sam's Club card. Luckily, I found them the next morning right were you would expect to find them...
...in the car, of course! So, thinking I had discovered a secret little cache of Kinsie's I laughed and thought nothing of it. That, however, was at the beginning of the month. Since then, we have been playing the most interesting game of hide n' seek with Kinsie. I think she would normally love playing this game, but of course she's too young to really realize what it is she's doing. At least I don't think she knows what she's doing!?! This past Saturday (after the loss of the bottle) we found ourselves searching for one of Kinsie's shoes. We kept asking Kinsie where her shoe was and spent a good 20+ minutes looking everywhere. We were stumped. I mean there really are only so many places a shoe can go. Finally it dawned on me that Kinsie has been spending a lot of her time trying to reach for all the goodies in the pantry. Sure enough...
Then, the very next day (Sunday), I once again found myself asking Kinsie where her dress was. She had picked up her dress while I was doing Britnee's hair and had managed to relocate it to some unknown place. I was careful this time to start with the pantry, but the dress was nowhere to be found. At that point I gave up and decided to go with another dress. So, I changed her diaper, put on the new dress, and threw the old diaper away. Look what I ended up finding in the process...Yep, the dress in the dirty diaper trash can....SICK! Since Sunday I have spent a good portion of my day fishing stuff out of this very trash can. Things like....
...Britnee's clothes...
...the case for my glasses...
...and her favorite books.
Now all of this, in conjunction with the fact that Chad witnessed Kinsie throwing away Britnee's bottle in our larger trash can, has led to the simple conclusion that the yellow bottle (and who knows what else) has been tossed out for good. At least my credit card didn't end up with the same fate!
8 comments:
Oh the joys of kids who "help"! Good luck in your "games".
That's a great tale. Definitely one to share with them when they are older.
I think they need some storage bins or cloth bags to put their items in.
We have been there! Kids do the craziest things!
Hilarious, but a nightmare too! Good luck!
You are singing my song! I have been looking frantically for a school library book for Emma for the last week. You have reminded me that Dallin probably took off with it and is most likely in the pantry or with the muffin tins! Thanks for the tip!
That is so cute and frustrating at the same time. Good Luck-eventually they grow out of it (hopefully). In the meantime, have fun seeking.
Oh yeah--that's the story of our life. We have a running joke in our house. If something is lost for an extended period of time, we just say that Sam must have thrown it away!
I think it was about this age that my house became boringly bare. Things were either missing or broken. Something to look forward to. :)
Post a Comment