image

image

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Where does the time go?

That statement really applies to my life right now, on so many levels, however I actually know the answer.

First of all I've been attempting to accomplish some "fall" cleaning around here. Technically it's more organizing than anything, but it's making my life feel a little less crazy knowing where everything is. I've finished with the girls room and their clothes, their bathroom, the hall closet, the closet in our office, and the kitchen pantry. Sweet victory.

Then, I've been spending any free moment I have (which isn't that much since the girls don't take naps together anymore) creating things, working on projects, and coming up with some super fun ideas for the blog that my sister and I are doing together. I have a huge list that I'm trying to whittle away at and I've been trying not to let this aspect take over my life, but it's been hard since the creative juices are overflowing right now. I've actually enjoyed this outlet as it's given me something to do that's only for me (and those who check out our blog).

I've also spent a good portion of my time watching my girls literally grow up before my eyes. This is when I really start asking myself where the time has gone. Everyday Kinsie is learning some new death defying feat, or simply a new word, and with Britnee around she's seems that much older. Not to mention that next month she starts nursery. Is it bad for a mom to cry when they drop off their kid to nursery for the first time?

The same applies to Britnee. I'm amazed at all the little thing this girl can accomplish ever though she isn't crawling, scooting, or pulling herself up onto furniture. Not being able to do those things is the only reason she still feels like a little baby to me. Let's keep it that way!!!

With all of these things keeping e preoccupied I've neglected my blog. Which normally I wouldn't be kicking myself over, but since I look at my blog as my personal journal I really hate to slacking off on it. Especially now that Kinsie and Britnee both rule the house. So, I plan on trying to do better and intend to begin right now with these updates.

PUPPY LOVE
In July my sister got a miniature poodle for her birthday.  Her name is Nixxie, and she's the cutest little thing.  At the beginning of September Chad took off to Florida for work and left us girls at home.  I actually choose not to fly 5 straight hours with two girls who were to be contained on a lap.  So, we headed out to see family for the week instead.  We stayed with my parents and let the girls run/sit free with Nixxie for a good part of the time.  So cute!

STORY TIME
My girls love reading books.  Kinsie asks me to read to her more times than I can count, and I'm sure Britnee would too if she could walk.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  There is nothing I want more than for my kids to have a love of reading and books.  That's why I love finding Kinsie doing this.
That just makes me smile!  As soon as I was done taking these pictures I turned around to find Britnee looking through a book by herself.  I tried to capture that moment too, but she simply wanted to play with me instead.

Don't you just love these two.  They make my heart happy!




6 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T Rex Mom said...

That is a great way of stating it - "they make my heart happy". They do grow up right before one's eyes. I feel like I've blinked and my little bundles are little kids and not babies any more.

The photos are wonderful and your girls are just the cutest. And you already know we're big on reading and books around the T Rex family household.

Vicki said...

I can't believe Kinsie will be going to nursery! It's seems like you just got her. And little Britnee is looking more like you than I ever thought she would! Especially her smile.

Mary said...

Such cute girls! And you're such a good mom.

Chastina said...

Wow! They definitely are getting big. I cried when my oldest went into nursery. She ran in and I was standing there thinking "Wait! Where is my hug?"

Emily said...

They are growing up so quickly. It's such a shame that they all have to do it! But, your girls are going to grow up to be such nice young ladies...with the example of their wonderful mom.

Cute post!