And I don't mean Fall!
I usually love change. I enjoy trying new things, getting that fresh start, and having a new outlook on life. (No, we're not moving) As much as I enjoy the new beginning that comes with change, there are those times in life when change isn't all that it's cracked up to be. For example: I don't like it when it's time to change the laundry, or when I've changed about 10 plus diapers in one day. I also don't enjoy change when it interrupts a perfectly good thing that I have going; like a routine and set schedule with my girls.
Our life used to be so predictable. Believe me, with two girls this close together in age predictability is the only thing that keeps you sane. We had everything all worked out:
Girls up about 7:00
Breakfast around 8:00
Nap time (FOR BOTH OF THE GIRLS) 10:00
Both girls awake around 12:30
Lunch 1:00
Britnee down for second nap around 3:00
Play time until 4:30
Go outside and wait for Daddy to come home 4:30-5:00
Dinner at 6:00
Both in bed by 7:30
LIFE WAS GREAT!!!!
But now!
Britnee up around 4:30, then again around 6:30
Both officially up by 7:15
Breakfast around 8:00
Britnee down around 10:00, 10:30, sometimes 11:00
Kinsie down....hopefully no later than 1:30....if I'm lucky
Lunch around 1:00
Britnee now doesn't go down for a second nap
Play Time until 4:30
Wait for Daddy outside 4:30-5:00
Dinner at 6:00
Bedtime is now contingent upon their naps for the day and the stress level of Mommy :)
LIFE IS NOW UNPREDICTABLE....and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I guess this is just another stage that I have to push through until I can learn to manage, and accept, the shift in their schedules. I don't mind, really I don't! It's just, now I don't know when I'm supposed to squeeze in a shower.
Oh well, I suppose I'll have time to shower when they are both in college.
So, here's to all the little changes that life brings to each of us! May we learn to love the moment we're in and continue to count each blessing that comes our way.
8 comments:
Hey, winter's coming on. You may not need that shower till March! Good luck...we can at least say that we have been there...and it's a good thing that our memory leaves us eventually!
I find that once I think I have things stabilized and know what I'm doing, one of the kids changes things up. I always have to be on my toes.
But, we will look back on these days nostalgically. I know you're doing a great job.
Just so you know, as soon as you get comfortable...their schedule will change again. Children don't like it when us parents are feeling cozy!
This will be the first of many changes. I for one have learned to be really flexible! Kids definitely have some control. Some parents try and micro manage everything but it's easier to be easy going I've found.
Good Luck!
I found that sometimes I had to wait for daddy to come home so I could take a quick shower. Although there were times that I'd end up showering every other day because I couldn't find time to shower every day (I couldn't go longer than every other day between showers).
On the wall between my two sweet, exhausting daughters' rooms is a vinyl saying that reads...
"Grant me the patience to deal with my blessings."
I need this reminder daily if not more. :)
P.S.- Showers are sometimes only possible for me if one or both girls has to be in there with me... so I guess for me showers aren't overated, privacy is. ;)
Ah yes. Sounds so familiar! Only...I've never done it with two so close in age. You are a trooper!!
Keep up your amazing example. Those sweet girls are lucky to have you!
I hear ya!!! I count it as a good day if I get to brush my teeth :) I figure I should keep my expectations low... :)
Post a Comment