I've been wanting a pair of boots since my mission and I finally found a pair that fit right. The price was right up my ally too! Only twenty bucks. I do have to give Chad a little bit of credit since he has tried in years past to find me the perfect pair of boots. But like I said, it's been hard for me to find a good fit. (I have such skinny legs) I'm hoping to get a second pair (brown) for Christmas too.
So, why did I end opening these a few weeks early? A couple of reasons: snow and bunions. There I said it. I have bunions. If you don't know what those are they look a little bit like this...
I have them on both feet and have had them for most of my life. Unlike some people who get bunions (from wearing tight shoes) I got my bunions from my dad's side of the family. Love those good ol' genetics. Anyway, since Chad had surgery on his wrist earlier this year our family deductible has been met which means I get to have surgery tomorrow morning on my right foot. YIPPEE!!
Okay I'm not that excited. I mean, who really chooses to surgery just for the fun of it. It's also a crummy time of the year to be doing this, but I must admit it will be nice to have them taken care of. They have been a big source of pain and embarrassment for long enough.
So, since I'm having foot surgery tomorrow, and since I'll bee in an orthodic foot brace for 6 weeks I decided that I was allowed to open one gift early and enjoy it for the day. Unfortunately they've been worn and put back in their box and now I'm trading them in for a different kind of boot.
OH JOY!



12 comments:
I am just glad you finally get to have the surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. I know your in good hands with your mom hanging out with you for the next few days. Love ya!
Camie, I am so happy for you. I don't exactly have bunions myself but I do have a foot that has a big toe that has a kind of arthritis problem or something. I'm constantly cracking it and the joint hurts at times. Sharrid has one foot with a bunion from accidentally kicking a curb and pretty much breaking his toe/bunion area, of course he never got it fixed so someday he needs surgery to set his bone straight again! Kira has a sort of bunion thing from her mission. I guess all the walking mixed with a boot that wasn't great for her or something. Anyway I feel like I can relate. I feel like you definitely deserve this and I'm so excited for you. Once you've healed I'm sure your feet will fell so much better and shoes will fit easier too. Good luck!!
Aw man! I hope the surgery goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers. And the boots are gorgeous! I love my boots (I have a black and brown pair of the same kind as well). Also, I bought several of my own gifts this year as well. It is just for the best sometimes.
Feet problems...what would we do without them?! I have inherited my mother's feet problems too, I'm afraid. My right foot at the ball is dropping like mom's did. It bothers me at times, but I sure hope I don't need surgery. I think I would rather live with the nuisance than have problems like grandma has had since she had them operated on. Good luck. I'm excited for you...
Best wishes for a speedy recovery following surgery. Hopefully you'll still be able to chase those cute little girls of yours. But the boots make for a great gift! Enjoy!
Good luck with the surgery...praying that recovery is quick for you. Love the boots by the way.
Good luck! I hope all goes well. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Those are cute boots!
Shanna (my sister) had bunions. She ended up going at least 2 sizes smaller on shoes after her surgery. She says it's nice having shoes that actually fit now.
I too have always struggled on the hunt for boots. Skinny calves and boots tend to make you look like you're playing dressup in your mom's shoes. Glad you found some that work, and good luch on the surgery and recovery!
Super cute boots! I hope that you and your bunion-less feet are healing nicely!
Be well, my friend!
Great boots!! And I hope surgery went well and recovery is quick!
And I had to laugh at the story of the missing bottle. (I know... it was a ways back, but I'm just now catching up.) Dixie and Summer have definitely been through that phase. We've lost who knows how many items to the trash! Oh well. :)
I hope it all goes well and that you can put your foot into those cute boots really soon!!
Merry Christmas to you!
Post a Comment