image

image

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Post Op Update

Well, it's been 11 days since I had my surgery and I still find myself sitting on the couch with my foot propped up.  That's how I spend a good portion of my day.  (Aubs-you have my deepest sympathy!)  However, thanks to Chad's mom and the wonderful crutches she's letting me use I have discovered a new way to get around.  Before the crutches arrived I was scooting around on my bottom with my foot rested on my opposite knee.  I actually looked a lot like Britnee does when she scoots around on her bottom.  Even though the crutches have allowed for some movement from one spot to the next, I've found that I can only go a few feet before my foot begins to throb with excruciating pain and I need to sit back down and prop it up.  I've become pretty discouraged about my lack of movement and extremely frustrated with the fact that I'm unable to be a mommy to my girls.  We've had some great help from our moms, and we couldn't have made it without their willingness to sacrifice their time, but it's hard for me to sit around and just watch.
I'm completely off my pain meds; which is a very good thing.  My foot feels great when it's resting in my lap or being propped up.  I experience a significant amount of pain any time my foot goes below knee level.  Luckily I can go see my doctor tomorrow and get an update on my recovery process.  I'm not getting my hopes up though.  I was told initially that I wouldn't be back to full function with my foot  (running, exercising, chasing after my girls, etc) for 3 months :(  Little by little I suppose. 
I want to apologize to all of you who have not received any comments from me on your blogs.  To be honest I really haven't found the time to hobble over to the computer and check up on all of you.  So, I hope you are all doing well and that you are ready for Christmas.  Thanks for all your help and prayers! 

6 comments:

Denise said...

Camie- I am so sorry about the pain and probably all the frustration. Hopefully the dr. will give you some fabulous news.

T Rex Mom said...

You'll get your groove back and be sporting those fancy boots in no time. Hang in there. It will get better.

In the mean time, enjoy the time off your feet and the holiday season.

Chastina said...

The first few days or couple weeks are the hardest, from what I understand. I'm sure the girls love having you scoot around on their level. :)

I hope you heal quickly.

Brandon and Aubrey said...

Oh, I wish I weren't on bedrest so that I could help you!!! But yes, I totally know how you feel, not being able to be a proper wife and Mommy...not fun. But just try to keep your spirits up (I know, easier said than done) That is the ONLY way to manage. Good luck and hope you have a much speedier recovery than the doctor thinks!!! Here's to positive thinking, right!?!

Jenny Lynn said...

So glad to just see a post up on how your doing. Hang in there! You will be up an chasing after your girls soon enough. We always feel guilty for not being super women. You have give others a chance to serve.

Love ya!!!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Yeah it sucks. It probably feels like a guy does when he can't provide for his family. I can't wait to hear what the doctor says and when you are able to take the boot off and get a photo of the new foot. I am SO excited for you. Everything's going to be great.