image

image

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mylie Loryn

She's here!!!...and officially 1 week old today.  Mylie was born January 31st at 12:00 pm.  She weighed in at 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 20 inches long.  I'm glad she came when she did.  In fact, this little beauty of ours decided she did not want to be induced and made her arrival the day before I was scheduled to go in. 
Here's the story:
Tuesday morning I woke up at 4:30 and was unable to fall back asleep, so at 5:00 I got up, ate some breakfast, and watched some TV.  Then, around 5:30 I decided to try and get some sleep before Chad had to get up for work.  Unfortunately at 5:45 Britnee woke up and wouldn't go back to bed, so I got her and took her back to bed with me in hopes of catching a few more minutes of sleep.  At this point Chad had gotten up and was starting to get ready for the day.  At 6:20, while Britnee and I laid in bed and Chad was in the other bathroom brushing his teeth, my water broke.  (FYI: that's two for two.  My water broke with Britnee too!)  I quickly called for Chad and told him he probably wouldn't be making it to work.  Luckily, he was ready for the day, so he took Britnee and started getting things together while I called ours moms and showered.  The timing really couldn't have been any better.  I had enough time to shower and get ready while Chad got the girls changed and fed before I felt like we should start heading to the hospital.  Chad's mom got stuck in some of the morning commute, so we took the girls over to our neighbors (Thanks Rob and Michelle!)  and arrived at Labor and delivery around 8:45.
(This is me right before I started pushing.)
Once we were at the hospital i seemed to take the nurses forever to get the ball rolling.  We sat around for quite awhile before I was given and IV.  We sat around for awhile before they sent someone in to ask me some medical questions.  We sat around for awhile before they sent someone in to check how dilated I was.  And, we sat around for at least an hour before I got my epidural.  Luckily, once I got my epidural and was able relax my body I progressed really fast.  At one point they checked me and I was dilated to a 6 and within 30 minutes they checked again and I was 100% effaced and at a 10.  I think I pushed for about 45 minutes (give or take) before Mylie's head popped out. So, my labor was less than 6 hours. 
Some of the issues that we had consisted of the cord being wrapped around Mylie's neck twice.  Luckily, it was very loose and didn't pose a single problem.  Because the cord was wrapped around her neck she didn't drop down and come out as fast as the doctor had anticipated.  Mylie was posterior facing when I first arrived and was checked out.  So, the doctor had to get her facing the right way before I could start pushing.  Luckily, I had an epidural so I didn't have to deal with feeling any of that!  Apparently I have a narrow pelvic bone which means I have to spend a little bit more time pushing a baby out and regardless of how many kids I have they will probably all come out with a slight cone head.  But as long as they come out healthy I can handle a few extra pushes!
(The proud daddy)
Unfortunately, I didn't feel as much of the delivery as I would have liked to.  Next time I'll have the epidural, but won't have a drip to go with it.  I like to feel some of the delivery and I HATE not feeling like I have control over my pushing.  In other words, I hate it when I have to ask the doctor if I'm do anything, because I feel like all I'm doing is going to pop a blood vessel in my face.   Other than that t was a perfect delivery.  I mean look what I got out of it!
Isn't she absolutely perfect.  I am so in love with this little girl and she already has me wrapped around her little finger.  I'm having a hard time seeing Britnee in her.  In fact, sometimes I think I see a bit of Kinsie in her, but that probably has to do with the darker hair color.  I guess she'll be a good balance between Kinsie and Britnee who are complete polar opposites of each other.  Speaking of the girls they can't get enough of their new little sister and it's so fun to watch them interact with her.
 (Daddy and his girls)
 Some things that I simply forgot about:  (This is a "note to self" for the next baby)
-contractions that come with breastfeeding are just like the contractions during labor
-the recovery process is just that...a process...sometimes a very slow process
-it's no fun having your milk come in and continues to be no fun for quite awhile
-nursing is a bit on the uncomfy side.  As much as I love nursing it's still uncomfortable for the first little bit.
-getting up every two hours in the middle of the night is exhausting.  It's worth the one on one time I get to have, but still exhausting
-no matter how much I tell myself I'll be fine I still have a few baby blue moments...stupid hormones!
-no matter how uncomfortable things can become they are worth every bit of it!
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GIRL!!!
For those of you who may be wondering how we decided on her name it came down to a few things.  We both felt that Maylie was a good name for a little girl, but didn't feel like it worked very well as a name for someone older.  We felt like Mylie worked at both levels.  The more we looked at her the more she looked like a Mylie to us...if babies can even look like a name.  It just seemed to fit her, so that's what we went with.  As for the middle name Loryn.  That was given to her in honor of our other "daughter" Ashley  She's a dear friend of ours that was one of my Young Women and was baptized my Chad.  Each of our girls have significant middle names and we wanted Mylie to have one too.  We felt like using Ashley's would be perfect even though we did changed the spelling :)

11 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

She is so cute! Glad everything went well. Looks like you will have two helpers.

T Rex Mom said...

Great birth story. I am so glad you are all well, healthy, and happy.

Keep enjoying all these wonderful moments and memories.

Beautiful, beautiful family.

Erin & Danny said...

She is a cutie. I hope my three boys can meet your three girls some day in the near future. Oh, and you look great. I can't believe you JUST had a baby in these pictures. I am adopting and I have bags under my eyes:)

Shannon said...

She is just the sweetest thing! Congratulations on your newest addition, Camie! What a beautiful girl, and I love her name!
Did Ashley tell you that we got to see her last summer??!! She was dating (is she still dating?) a young man who was best friends with my sister-in-law's husband and we saw her at their wedding last July. It was so great seeing her; she is a beautiful young lady!

Wendy said...

Congrats!!! She is a beauty. You have a darling family. We couldn't be happier for you!!
P.S.you didn't "forget" about the contractions hurting during breastfeeding. They don't hurt with the first one, just the subsequent ones.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! She is so precious! Beautiful baby, beautiful mamma and family. And I loved your list of things to remember--so true!

Chastina said...

Three birthdays in January. What a fun filled month! Congrats on another beautiful girl!

Brandon and Aubrey said...

Camie, I'm so excited for you! Having three girls is so much fun! She is adorable...as well as your other two. Wow, Kinsie's hair is getting so dark and full!

Emily said...

She is perfect! So happy for all of you!

Jason & Claire said...

Congrats!!! I LOVE the pictures around the carseat with them ADORING their little sister. She's beautiful...they all are! I'm so happy for you.;)

Matt & Melissa said...

Oh Congradulations! We're so glad you are all doing well. Maylie is adorable as are her sisters.