image

image

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trip to DENVER

My employer has a cabin in Denver, so he took everyone and their spouses there for a work retreat. And boy it was just that.....a real treat! It was so nice to get out and take a break from life for awhile. It snowed the night we arrived so we spent most of the first day playing in the snow, lounging around inside by the fire, and playing games with everybody.




The next day we went into Denver and went out to eat at the ESPN Zone. If you've ever heard of ESPN you will all know that this restaurant was heaven on earth for Chad! They had over 23 TVs throughout the entire place (including the bathrooms) with different sport programs being broadcasted on each of them. And of course there was the mother of all big screens showing the pre-game show for the Utah Jazz game. I'll admit it was a really fun place to eat at!




After eating and watching a few highlights we headed over to the Coors Field to watch a Rockies game. It was Chad's first major league baseball game and my first in a long time. I know what you're all thinking.... BASEBALL???? But we really had a fun time. The Rockies aren't doing so well this year but we still got to see some pretty great plays. In fact the final play of the game made the top ten highlights on Sports Center that night.



The last day we finally had some good sunny weather so we all got up early and went and played some volleyball and kickball. We were at pretty high altitude so the weather was just right. Which meant that even thought it wasn't blazing hot the majority of us got nice and burnt. Chad was the only one smart enough to even think of putting on sunscreen. After the games we all went back to the cabin and had BBQ for lunch. Then we packed up and headed home.

7 comments:

Karena said...

I'm so jealous. Gavin's work never does stuff like that. Glad you two had fun.

CMTASK said...

Craig can't believe that you went to Denver and he didn't even know. I am so glad that you two have a blog so we actually can "see" you every now and then.

Becky said...

How fun. I am glad you guys had a good time. Now Mont and I want to go to a ball game!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I am thrilled about this new blog to check. I just read the whole thing. It has great diversity and variety. You did a good job setting it up and everything. Our blog address you probably already know is lexieandsharrid.blogspot.com
Glad to keep in touch better!

Kira said...

Hey I'm so glad you have a blog! I admit, i'm not the best with keeping mine up to date- but I love checking in on others'. Your trip looks like it was fun! you guys look great :)

Tibi said...

You have a blog! I was wondering if you were ever going to get one! Its really cute! Looks like you two had fun!

Kalun and Kristi said...

I just got back from ESPN the Zone in Denver about an hour ago. I come here once a month and NEVER knew it was here until I read your blog. I hung out all night on 16th street. I spent most of my time at Nike Town. Thanks for the good idea. Now I will be going to ESPN the Zone monthly! -Kalun