image

image

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Fun

We decided that we were going to do something little different for Father's Day this year. Normally we do what most everyone does; go to church, drive to see family, make sure we're spending enough time with the two families, eat and go back home. This year we opted to go visit on Saturday instead of the Sunday ritual. Chad thought it would be a great idea to go riding with his dad for most of the day and then spend the evening with my family. And I must admit that it was a great idea.

(Chad never gets to ride the wheeler so he took it for a spin in the snow)
We got to his parents place in the morning, loaded things up, and headed to AF canyon. It was such a beautiful day filled with alot of excitement. Chad and I love getting out and riding all over the place, but there tons of sites to be seen up AF canyon so we took advantage of that as well.
This is an old mine shaft that had been closed off. It was a ways up the mountain and you would only get to it with the motorcycles and wheeler.




This is Cascade Springs and these pictures don't do it justice. It was absolutely gorgeous. It's a natural spring that flows down and creates these small shallow pools. It was something straight out of a Jane Austen novel. Breathtaking.






And of course the wildlife. Normally we see the occasional group of deer, it's not everyday you can catch a glimpse of a moose.




It was a great way to spend a portion of our Father's day. We both came back filthy dirty, but it was definitely worth it.

After the morning ride (and taking a quick moment to clean up) we headed over to my parents for a family BBQ and games. The weather was perfect so we all sat around outside relaxing, played with my niece, and threw rocks in the pond. It was a perfect way to finish off the day; relaxing, eating, and laughing with family. By the end Chad and I were ready to head back home, but I think we've started a new Father's Day tradition in our family.





15 comments:

Tibi said...

oh my goodness! those pictures are so cute. The top ones are way cool. I like the last ones of the girls too!

Connie said...

Sounds like fun! Annecy sure is cute! Can't wait to see everyone!

Karena said...

Awe! It's things like that that make me miss home. I'm so excited to see everyone...in less than 2 weeks!

Becky said...

You guys sure know how to have fun.

CMTASK said...

That seriously looks like so much fun! I love the photos of the moose. Craig and I have run into some sweet moose photo ops but we either don't have the camera or it is too dark to take the picture! NICE WORK!!

Jason & Claire said...

Those pictures in the canyon look absolutely beautiful. I think your new tradition is awesome. Your time with your family looks so nice and happy.

BallerinaBiker said...

Sounds like a good idea to me!

And, it was fun to see a few of your family members. Was that Kenneth by the bbq? Fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Nice new tradition. some times change is good! Looks like a fun filled day.

Matt & Melissa said...

It's fun to find you guys. Looks like you are having fun. Check out our blog at mnerdin.blogspot.com.

Vicki said...

Yes Courtney, that is Kenneth. And that cute little Annecy girl is his too. I can't believe how big Kurtis is! He's definitely going to be the biggest in the family. Looks like you had a good time. Can't wait for the cabin.

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to see some pictures for the 4th of July, wheelin in the snow!...only in Utah. I love your blog and I love your adoption page. You are my inspiration to give it another whirl!

Dave and Loralee said...

HI!!! I'm so glad you commented-I didn't know you had a blog. Looks like you guys do TONS of fun stuff. And I'm so happy you're adopting! I'll check back often for all the updates!

Kalun and Kristi said...

You guys are in so much trouble, I had no idea you had a blog, thanks for telling us. I just happened to find it on Melissa Nerdin's. I love your adoption profile!! I know you guys are going to make amazing parents, there is a child out there somewhere, who is going to be very blessed to be brought into your home. So I thought since everyone else has a blog I should start one, however, I am blog retarded, I signed up for one, but I don't know how to do anything so so far all it says is the merrill family. You seem to be a pro, I love yours so I'll have to call soon and you can tell me what to do. Love you guys

Matt & Melissa said...

So I asked Matt about the slide show question that you had. He kinda laughed and said that it was hard. But here goes, and I hope that it makes sense. When he copied the html info to use on the blog. He went through and deleted some of it that he thought would get rid of the extra stuff that he didn't want to have show up. He said that it was hit and miss and took a while to figure out what he had to keep to run the slide show and what he could do without. I hope that this makes sense and I wish that there was an easier answer. Maybe some computer geek out there knows, anyway good luck.

Kylene said...

I remember that day and we ate outside and them annecy was haveing sooo much fun with the rocks!