image

image

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recovery status:

Vitals are fine.
Incisions healing well.
Grogginess wearing off.
Eating solids again.
Walking on my own....showering on my own....blogging on my own.

I'm still:
walking like a little grandma (bent at the waist).
having a hard time taking deep breaths.
needing to lay down after awhile.

It hurts when:
Chad makes me laugh.
I cough or sneeze.
I sit up too fast or lay on my side.

I've enjoyed:
taking naps three times a day.
taking some of those naps with Chad.
wearing nothing but pajamas for the past 5 days.
just sitting in bed relaxing and talking with Chad.

I no longer have:
an appendix or belly button.

"Thank You" for:
coming to visit.
bringing in meals.
shoveling the snow.
all the phone calls.
the cards.
the ice cream.
being the great friends and family that you all are!

(In case some of you didn't read my last post)
I won't go into a lot of details, but to make a long story short I had a simple outpatient surgery this weekend which also involved the removal of my appendix. I'm doing well and recovering quickly with the help of family and friends.

21 comments:

Emily said...

Sending 'get-well-super-fast' wishes your way!

Glad you're back to blogging on your own! :)

You are super cute!

Brianna said...

No more belly button... so much for bikini season! ;)

Glad you're recovering well!

Connie said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend! Enjoy those naps while you can!

Chastina said...

Glad to hear that your recovery is going smoothly! Hope it continues!

Curley Family said...

Good to hear you are doing better. Hope it continues and is fast.

Anonymous said...

Was thinking of you after reading the last post. Thought about calling your mom to make sure you were alright. Glad to see that your doing better. Love ya lots!

Aunt Jenny

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karena said...

Love the 3 columns!

Keep taking it easy and get well soon.

BallerinaBiker said...

Glad you're feeling better and that everything went well.

Thomas Family said...

Glad you mending well and everything went alright.

I have just one questions. How is wearing pajamas everyday different from wearing scrubs? I think they are pretty equal in the comfort category.

Vicki said...

What! No bellybutton...Now you're an alien!! Glad you are getting some days off from work. Gotta love those jammies...

Becky said...

I am glad that you are doing well. I keep wanting to call, but don't want to bug ya too much. I will check in soon. Keep taking it easy!

Stuart Humes said...

So I'm trying to imagine no belly button, and I can't. That is a really awesome thing that now makes you incredibly unique. Hope you continue to recover. Oh, and take a nap for me, would you?

Michaela said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! But no belly button? That's okay- one of the famous Vicoria's Secret models doesn't have one either. :)

Camie said...

I should explain the "no belly button" thing. They went in surgically through my belly button. So instead of having the cute little belly button nose that I used to, it's become a complete inny. It's just different! So I no longer have my old belly button.

Tibi said...

Wow I didnt even know you were having surgery! Hope you feel better! And wow that no belly botton thing...thats kinda cool, somthing you can say to people "I dont have a belly botton"
Dont hear that everyday.

the Pearce Place said...

Camie! I had no idea... You are such a creative blogger! I'm glad you didn't lose your creativeness in your surgery!!!

Jason & Claire said...

So glad you're healing well and enjoying naps and jammies. No belly button?? What the heck? You've got to expound! Well, not if you don't want to.

Harris said...

You are too cute. Glad you are doing better... it will be a memorable Valentine's Day anyways. Enjoy the naps...

Carrie and Jon said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better. Take an extra nap for me will ya?

{leah} said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. And I love the new layout!!