image

image

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My YW Medallion

As young women leaders we have the opportunity to complete our personal progress and receive our own YW medallion, just like the girls. The requirements are a little different, but very similar to what the girls need to do. I've slowly been working on mine and at the beginning of the year I set a goal to have my personal progress completed by the end of the year. I'm proud to announce that I recently completed the "leader" requirements earlier than anticipated. This past Sunday I was presented with my young women medallion in Sacrament Meeting.Isn't it beautiful. I'm so proud of it and try to wear it everywhere I go! This is my second YW medallion. I received my first medallion when I was a young woman, but working to earn it again definitely meant more to me this time around. Now that I've completed the requirements for YW leaders my goal is to complete the entire personal progress program. I want the YW of my stake to know that I love working with them and have a strong testimony of the personal progress program. I know that it is designed to help invite the spirit into our lives. It teaches us who we are; daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us. It teaches us how to serve one another, study the scriptures, strengthen our testimonies and come unto Christ. I know this church is true. I know that we have a living prophet who guides us in these latter days. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book, translated by the power of the priesthood. How lucky we are to have that great book in our lives. I know my Savior lives and loves me and that I can one day return to live with him. I KNOW.

10 comments:

Karena said...

Congrats! It makes me want to serve in the YW too. Someday!

BallerinaBiker said...

That's great! Awesome job!

Chastina said...

Congrats! What a great accomplishment.

Stuart Humes said...

How awesome is that? I want to be just like you when I grow up! :)

Emily said...

I was just telling Bryan that I wanted to get the new 'virtue requirements' and do them...but you...the whole thing?!

You are amazing!!

Thomas Family said...

Congrats, that is a great accomplishment.

Staci said...

Congrats on getting your medallion as a leader! That's awesome!!! The medallions are so gorgeous!

Connie said...

Congrats on your medallion! And it looks so much better than the old ones we got.

Jason & Claire said...

What a great example you are. Seriously, amazing post. Can people not in YW earn it? I would love to earn it and have it with my other one.

the Pearce Place said...

Way to go, The YW organization truly is amazing!