image

image

Monday, March 16, 2009

Pillow, Pillows Everywhere.....

The pillows on our bed has become quite the issue at our house. Let me clarify, no ill feelings have developed, but we certainly have our different view points on the matter. (Ignore the white walls. I'm dying to paint them.) Simply put, Chad thinks there are too many while I tend to think it's just right. For some reason Chad can't stand the nightly routine of taking each pillow off, stacking it to the side and then climbing into bed. The result of that usually ends with the pillows being chucked across the room...usually aimed at me. I mean how hard is it to take them off and set them to the side? He doesn't even have to make the bed in the morning....I do that. In Chad's defense I must say that it is pointless to have them on the bed in the first place. No one has ever come to my house and insisted on seeing the pillows on my bed. He also argues that we get up in the morning, put the pillows on, go to work, come home and take the pillows off....so why even put them on in the first place. But still...I like to have my bedroom look nice. Is that a crime?
Well, the reason I'm posting about this is because I think Chad may be onto something. One night I decided I would go in and take all the pillows off so that Chad wouldn't have to mess with it. The result....I couldn't fit them all in my arms. There were too many to pick up in one load.
Chad caught me in the act and quickly told me...."see, too many." I laughed and said, "Yep, but they're staying." So my question to you is found on the poll on my sidebar.

16 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

If my mother checks this post, she will definitely say you can never have enough, the pillows on her bed reach half way down the bed! But, they do look good and both of my parents are home nearly all day to enjoy that. It's just a girly thing to have a lot of pillows and I think the guys are gonna have to get over that and pick another battle, (one that's more important maybe?) On the flip side, I also think like a guy a lot of times so I totally get Chad also. Since our marriage I have gone from the attitude of "I want things to look nice..." to " I want things to be practical, useable, livable, and I want it to last and actually be used."

Stuart Humes said...

I love this! How funny is this post, yet it is an argument we have all had. I like a few pillows, but I'm more on the moderate side (just call me a fence sitter) I like the two extra with the sham and one more decorative pillow to round out the bunch. I guess when it comes down to it, it's all about personal preference.

Camie said...

Lexie-I totally get what you're saying. I guess not having any kids yet, I'm still in the "I want everything to look nice phase." I'm sure once I have the kids I will just want the practical, useable and livable too. :0)

Jill said...

I like the bunch. I don't think you can have too many. And once, the kids come, all those pillows sure come in handy. You know, for creating the barrier so the infant (who can't roll over yet anyway) can't roll off the bed, to the family pillow fight in Mom and Dad's room, to making forts, and playing hide and go seek. Besides, if you are the one making the bed, I think you get the stronger vote. I say keep 'em and get a few more!

Harris said...

LOVE pillows!! Beau does the same thing though. I just read that 6 word snippet. That is soooo cute. Fun story... I might have to steal it too!!

BallerinaBiker said...

I think you can never have too many pillows! My mom always says, it's most important to have your bedroom decorated because that's your space and you want to feel good in there. If it makes you feel good to have a lot of pillows, then I say, the pillows stay. Like, when you walk in the room, and you think, "I love my room! I love my bed! I love my pillows!" then they have to stay. It's something that makes you happy - whether the man likes it, he should accept the fact that it's something that makes you happy. and, isn't that what he's there for - to make you happy?! ; )

the Pearce Place said...

Camie!
Sorry I never got to you, Friday was our one night our entire family was together, so it wouldn't have worked for us to see you! Hopefully next time! And yes feel free to use anything for your talk, wish I could be there!
As far as pillows go--- they look great, and that's all that matters!

Vicki said...

Okay, don't get me started...For one thing, the purple pillow cases don't match anything in your room, AND I think Courtney is right, if it makes you feel good, then he will get over it. Tell him it could be worse...he could use the same towel for 2 months instead of getting a clean one every week (day?) because he is clean anyway getting out of the shower to use it. He will realize that this is a little thing. By the way, you got this pillow thing from your mother!

Camie said...

Hahaha.....hey now, those are the pillows we sleep with and they used to match the colors in my room. I recently changed tham. You're right....my mom certainly loves pillows. I should have added in the post that Chad hates all the pillows on our couch too. Except for when he wants to take a nap! :0)

Emily said...

Your bedroom is lovely. White walls and all. I love your assortment of pillows. And I think you are adorable!

That's all.

Thomas Family said...

There was actually an episode on a sitcom about this very issue. The husband doesn't understand why you need decorative pillows and the wife can't understand why the husband even cares.

That is too funny. I like my decorative pillows too.

Connie said...

I say keep the pillows if they make you like your room better- besides, he doesn't get a say if he doesn't have to make the bed! :)

By the way, I love lots of pillows!

Jason & Claire said...

I'm with you, cutie-patutie!

Michele and Todd said...

I have 13 pillows to put on my bed everyday and then take them off at night. Husbands really don't understand this very well. My favorite is when Todd makes the bed for me and configures the pillows his own way. (It is very interesting)

Karena said...

Men need to get over our need for pillows on the bed. No matter how impractical they are, we need them to feel like our bedroom is a sanctuary. I think every wife has to deal with this dilema.

Anonymous said...

I will insist on seeing the pillows on your bed.