image

image

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ashley's Baptism

Yesterday Chad and I had the opportunity to participate in the baptism of Ashley. She used to live in our neighborhood/ward and was one of my young women. We (along with several other people) have been encouraging, supporting and praying for her has she has gained a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel over the past 5 years. It's been a long wait for all involved (including Ashley), but she was finally able to be baptized last night by Chad. It was amazing to see Chad help her into the waters of baptism and perform that sacred ordinance.
It was such a wonderful night! So many friends and family members were there to support her in her decision to join the church. She is now the only member in her immediate family and I know she will be a source of spiritual strength to them.
Today we were also able to attend her sacrament meeting where she was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's been an emotional 24 hrs., but so amazing to watch the gospel touch her life. She's entered through the gate and is now on the path that will lead her toward the temple and exaltation.
Ashley we couldn't be more proud of you! We love you so much. Congratulations!!!
Please ignore my screaming child in this picture. She wasn't having a great night.


8 comments:

Brianna said...

This thrills me to no end! Also, good job to you and Chad for being such great examples and sources of support for her all these years!

Congrats Ashley!

Chastina said...

How exciting! What a great thing to see someone accept the gospel.

Ashley: I echo Camie and Brianna, Congratulations!

Emily said...

Your screaming child is unbelievably CUTE!

And...thanks for your good examples.

That's wonderful.

Karena said...

You're looking so good. You don't even look pregnant in these pictures. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Kinise sure is a cutie even when she is crying. What a special night for your family.

Dave and Loralee said...

I've been out of it for a bit and just checked your blog-YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! THAT'S SO EXCITING!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you guys! Two tiny ones will be a little overwhelming I'm sure, but HOW AWESOME!

Ashley Lorrin Oberg said...

Ihave something for the two of you, i love you forever and always and now i am even happier than ever to have the gospel fully in my life. THANKS SO MUCH!
xoxo
ashley oberg

Kalun and Kristi said...

That is such a cool story. You guys are amazing people who truely bless the lives of all you come in contact with.