image
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Loving the Garden!
There is something to be said about fresh produce from your own garden! I've loved having certain necessities (like tomatoes) right outside my back door. I've especially enjoyed being able to freeze certain items for future use.
mmm.....carrots and green beans. We've already harvested plenty of carrots and green beans and have more that will be ready over the next few days. This doesn't include the tomatoes that I can't keep up with, the zucchini stocked up in the fridge, or the bell peppers.
The corn is actually from Chad's grandpa's garden. We're going to attempt corn next year. I also missed having squash, so that will be included in the garden next year. Along with: onions and hopefully some type of melon. I tried strawberries for a few years, but the birds enjoyed them too much. I would also love to plant some fruit trees, but I know they can be a lot of work. Anyway- hope you're all enjoying the wonderful harvest season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
yay! Can't wait til I can get in on the action!
Isn't fresh corn on the cob the best! We had this nice little old man neighbor bring us some Indiana sweet corn that was grown at a local farm that he volunteers for... heaven! I am slightly jealous of all of the fresh produce but then I look at it all and I think, "Wow! That's a lot of work...and she's pregnant too!?!" How do you do it? I'm tired just looking at it!
Nice Job! Gotta love a productive garden!
Yum! Every time I visit my parent's I end up with produce from their garden or Grandpa's garden. It's hard to keep up with it that way let alone when your own garden produces.
Strong work--I hope to follow in your footsteps soon with the whole gardening thing. Do you have a foodsaver? It stops freezer burn so you can have garden-fresh food all year. I highly recommend it. ;o)
Oh my gosh...That is crazy wonderfull news.... How the heck did you keep it secret that long...I want to know the details... I am so happy for both of you!!!
What a green thumb you have! I am very impressed.
I'm hoping to have a garden next year. Not sure what's going to grow in Florida.... I know zucchini doesn't grow out here and it's so expensive to buy it.
I lov the colors from gardens.
I was so excited for our corn, but a huge wind storm this summer took it all out right as it was started to produce, I was ticked! I also have had no luck with my strawberries, the birds have enjoyed them though.
Post a Comment