image

image

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WARNING: Bumbos=Blowouts

I have to say that I am in love with my bumbo seat. Kinsie got one at a baby shower and it has been such a little life saver. Now that Kinsie is big enough to sit up with help I can plop her in this chair to shower, eat, make dinner, do laundry, etc. while she enjoys watching me or playing with some toys. I love this thing and would recommend that everyone get one, but they seriously need to put a huge warning label on the packaging.
WARNING: Bumbos=Blowouts
Kinsie has never been prone to blowouts until we started putting her in the bumbo. There is seriously nowhere for the "stuff" to go but up and out the back. It's not to a point where I will stop using the bumbo (because I love it too much), but I've started paying closer attention to her since we've had several SEVERE blowouts. So, to anyone who is pondering over purchasing this lovely little product; by all means GET IT!!! Just beware...and be ready to get your hands dirty.(this was one of the more mild blowouts we've had)

8 comments:

Connie said...

That's too funny! I also love Bumbos, but then again, we never had this problem!

Karena said...

Yuck! I'm sorry, but Bumbos are still awesome.

Chastina said...

I first saw the Bumbos after all my kids were sitting up by themselves. They look nice though.

Every time my kids had blowouts I'd go up a size in diapers and that would help.

Gavin and Shawna said...

I totally forgot about blowouts...they are awesome no matter how they happen!or where!! Oh I think we are in for a shock in a few days=))

Jenny said...

Well, I guess I missed out because I never had one. Although we had many blow outs!!!

I moved my blog, you might want to change our link on your blog.

http://www.homespunatheart.blogspot.com/

Brianna said...

I knew you would love it! Bumbos are the best, and I can see how the blowouts could happen, but I have to admit that I've never had that problem.

Glad we got you something useful... it was my lifesaver too!

Emily said...

I'm so excited to start this baby stuff over again....and the Bumbo looks like so much fun.

Your little gal is adorable...blow out and all!

Kalun and Kristi said...

I am also a huge fan of the bumbo, however, I have never had the blowout issue that has seemed to curse you. AHHHH the joys of motherhood.