image

image

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend, because know I did! In fact Saturday was one of the best days I've had in quite awhile.

Our weekend actually got started on Friday. Chad was out of work a little early, so we celebrated by doing some good ol' fashion yard work. I strongly believe that there is nothing like yard work to bring a family together. Chad mowed the lawn while I planted some additional flowers in the beds. After the lawn was mowed and trimmed the girls were able to help daddy trim the tree and haul the branches to the garbage.  They were such good little helpers!
The rest of Friday night (after the girls went down) was spent sewing, wrapping, cleaning, and exhaling.  After a good nights sleep I got up Saturday morning and finished some of the cleaning.  Then (per my request for my Mother's Day gift)we got the girls ready and the car loaded and headed to Utah County to spend the day hiking, visiting family, and barbecuing.

We arrived at our destination Battle Creek Canyon  and started our hike...wagon and all.  The girls did a great job, and yes they did get out and hike too.  Before we had the girls Chad and I did a lot of hiking and some backpacking.  It was nice to get back into it and start up the tradition, plus the love of the outdoors with our girls.
Me and my girls enjoying a little break on the bridge.
After our little hike we headed to "Mama" and "Papa" to visit.  (aka: Chad's parents)  We spent our time there riding Uncle Kyle's motorcycle, playing with toys, reading books, and talking.  It was nice to see them and the girls loved being there.

Then, we headed over to my brothers place for a family BBQ.   Here the girls were able to see their cousins, "Mama" and "Papa" (my parents), Aunts and Uncles, and even my Aunt Teresa and cousin Heather came over for the fun. 

First thing we were sure to do was eat some yummy food.
Then we played some ball...
...and did a little swinging.
Finally, the girls got to see their very first cat up close and personal.
Yes, his tail was pulled several times by Kinsie.

Sunday was spent at church and at home with my family.  This was especially nice since we don't get to see much of Chad on Sundays.  I really had such a great weekend.  It was nice to visit with family and not feel rushed.  It was great to get out and enjoy the beauty of the earth with Kinsie and Britnee.  It was great to see our wonderful Moms and express our love to them.  And, it was really nice to get my fill of these.
I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That all sounds (and looks)so lovely! I lo-ove the look on Kinsie's face with the cat--pure delight!

Jenny Lynn said...

Sounds amazing. The flowers are beautiful. Glad you got some gardening done.

T Rex Mom said...

My favorite photo is the one of you with the girls. Last year all I wanted for mothers day was a photo with both my kids.

I am glad you had a great weekend. I think that's what holidays and celebrations are all about - being with the ones you love and enjoying being in their presence.

Chastina said...

What a great way to celebrate! I love the pic of the three of you on the bridge.

Debbie said...

As Shawna said on my blog, "Something went terribly right this Mother's Day" because everyone seems to have had an absolutely great day. Glad yours was too!
And I hear ya on the potty training dread. It's definitely hard work and a long road, but in the end I'll be so excited when we don't have to buy diapers anymore! Woohoo! (At least until another one comes along.) :)

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures...and beautiful daughters!

So glad you had a Happy Mother's Day!