image

image

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Happenings Part 5

We've finally come to the last post of our Summer Happenings.  Luckily, we are nowhere near to being done with our summer fun.  Kinsie's birthmom is coming for a visit sometime this month and at the end of the month we're going to be going camping one last time.  Then, in September (once summer is officially over) Chad will be heading off to Baltimore for a conference.  I was going to go with him, but figured it wasn't worth the cost of the flight.  Instead the girls and I will spend lots of time with family, eat out and play at McDonald's, and either do to the Zoo or Living Aquarium.
Anyway, like I said we still have a lot of fun summer plans ahead of us  But this is by far the most exciting thing that has taken place for us this summer.  It was actually the first on the list of our Summer Happenings, but I wanted to save this one for last.  Yeah...it's that good.
First of all I have to tell you that we weren't actually planning on having this be a part of our summer plans.   We were thinking about giving this a try more towards the Fall and even then we weren't sure if would end up working out for us.  That one reason it was kind of moved to the back burner.  Yet somehow, taking us by complete surprise, it just kind of fell into our laps.  Quite literally!!!
Yep, we're expecting another baby.  I'm 14 weeks along and the baby is due around February 8th.  This will make it three kids under the age of 3...and they'll probably all still be in diapers.  The goal is to have Kinsie potty trained by then, but she's being very stubborn about it.
Like I mentioned above this was a little bit of a surprise.  I had been seeing my doctor since November trying to see if we could get pregnant before another surgery would be required.  After months without success we thought for sure that I would have to go back in for another surgery, so we decided that we would enjoy our summer and then cross that bridge sometime this Fall.  However, our Heavenly Father obviously had other plans for our family. 
It was a pleasant surprise and exciting to know that my body is able to get pregnant on it own, so long as we keep the endometriosis under control.  I've been sicker than a dog this time around and have had no energy.  My poor girls have been without a decent mother for quite awhile now.  Luckily, over the past few weeks I've been doing great in the mornings and am starting to feel a little on the normal side again.
Anyway-That's our exciting news and a huge part of our Summer Happenings.  We'll find out what we're having towards the end of September and we'll be sure to keep you posted.

15 comments:

Sariah said...

Congratulations Camie!!! I am so excited for you. You guys have such a beautiful family.

Amanda said...

Who-hoo! Congratulations! And may I say, you're such a cute pregnant lady!

Kristin and Jordan said...

this is so exciting!!!!! I am so happy for you. Love you.

Kritin

Brianna said...

We are sharing the same due date! Congrats and here's to more energy for us both!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

February babies are great ;) I have boys so I say hey, it'd be cool if you guys got a boy but I was brought up with a bunch of girls so I know that's cool too. Whatever you guys end up with is what's supposed to be. It's amazing how I always feel a pull towards one or another until the big ultrasound oomes, and then I'm resolved to have what we are supposed to really have and I always feel good about it after we find out of course. I think you're past the worst of it but I'll tell you, my energy never came around, Good luck! I love you.

Lex

Brandon and Aubrey said...

That is so exciting! And for the three in diapers thing...I've had three in diapers with every new baby that I have had (I still have three in diapers!). It's not all that bad. I think it's actually worse to have one just barely potty trained. You because a major slave to the bathroom, because when the kid has to go, she's got to go and it ALWAYS ends up being when your grocery cart is full of stuff. Good luck! Let me know when you are coming to visit your parents. I would love to get together.

T Rex Mom said...

A very hearty congratulations. What a wonderful summer for you guys!

Connie said...

What great news! I did the three under three thing, and I'm not going to lie- it was hard! Potty training is the least of your worries :)
That said, make sure you take some time just for you with all those little ones, whether it's just a bubble bath or a shopping trip alone. It will help you keep your sanity.
I'm so glad you didn't have to have another surgery before you got pregnant! Good luck with the pregnancy! So happy for you guys!

Chastina said...

Congrats! That is exciting news.

The Noble Steeds said...

Congratulations! Looks like you have lots of work ahead but lots of love & laughs too.

the Pearce Place said...

that's WONDERFUL!!!! I am so happy for you.

Matt & Melissa said...

Very exciting...congrats!

Erin & Danny said...

Congrats to you and your family. Now that I have faced the reality of potty training, I say enjoy the freedom diapers bring for as long as you can :)

Emily said...

WOW! Congratulations! What exciting news!! You look fabulous!! I loved reading all about your summer happenings. And I love your girls' swim suits!

Have a wonderful day, you cutie!

Brandi said...

Congratulations on the new little one that will be joining your cute family!