image

image

Saturday, January 14, 2012

No Words

This is just pathetic!
And what's worse is the fact that this doesn't include the box of newborn diapers that are in another closet.  Oh, and let's not forget the diapers in two seperate diaper bags.  I think it's high time that two little ladies of mine start getting their tooshies onto the potty.  I don't think I can handle three in diapers for very long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Good luck on getting them potty-trained soon!

Sariah said...

I can totally relate. We had three in diapers for over a year. I didn't want to have four in diapers so I got my older two potty trained. Good luck with it. If you are very lucky they will pick up on it quickly. I have to say that potty traing two at a time made it easier than just one.

Brandon and Aubrey said...

Camie, I know very well what it is like to have three in diapers. (We have basically been there since Addilyn was born, with a brief stint of just two in diapers right before Blake was born.) Anyway, I suppose I have a different take on diapers than most. Although changing diapers is NOT one of my favorite activities in life, and, yes, it gets totally old changing three at a time (however, I just make it an assembly line, so most of the time it just feels like one really long diaper change), but the other side isn't all that great.

Once the kiddo is wearing underwear and you attempt to go anywhere with that child, it always end disastrously. Of course you will have the girls go to the bathroom before you leave to run your errands, but WITHOUT fail, the second you have loaded your cart with frozen goods, or anything for that fact, or you will be waiting in line to check out, you will have a little girl who will look at you and say while dancing, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" So you have to abandon your goods to take the kids to the disgusting bathroom. And since you have a little baby as well, that is an incredible feat just to get IN the bathroom and once inside, what do you do with the baby while helping the other girls wipe!?! So being the wise Mom that you are, you have both girls go potty to try to kill two birds with one stone. Five minutes after resuming the shopping, the second child looks up at you and says while dancing, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" By now, you, as a pretty calm and collected Mom are at your whits end and about to go crazy!

Or you will be at a restaurant waiting to be seated, and one of the girls says, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" so, (thinking to yourself, "Score! At least it's before we get seated.") you take her to the bathroom. As she walks into the bathroom, this very girly girl says how beautiful the bathroom is...o-kay!?! Then 5-10 minutes after you order your food, the other little girl looks up at you and says, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" Knowing that your food will be there getting cold when you get back, you reluctantly take this second girl with you. As she walks through the door she says, "Ooh, this bathroom IS pretty!" WHAT? We're here because you want to see what the bathroom LOOKS like while my food is getting cold!! AAAHHH!!! Again, cool and collected Mom totally looses it and ruins what should have been a welcomed break from the everyday dinnertime routine!

I could go on... the point I want to make is this: having kids that are potty trained isn't all that it's cracked up to be. It is total bondage to a toilet for at least a year and in some cases more. This sad fact is something no one ever mentions. At least if your kiddo is in a diaper you get to change them at your convenience instead of RIGHT THIS SECOND!

Good Luck!
(all above stories have are true)

Camie said...

Oh Aubs!!! That's what I love about you. You're so good at seeing all sides of every situation and you don't sugar coat the facts. I can tell how true your insight is. Great food for thought!

Amanda said...

I feel for ya', I totally get where you're coming from! I've been itching to get Sam potty-trained for a while now, but autism adds a whole new element to the situation. Let me know if you find the magic pill so I can buy it! Good luck!

Jenny Lynn said...

Been there nothing, your cousin summed it up pretty well. One of my girls would not go potty on a public toilet. That made it hard to take her anywhere.

Connie said...

Ditto to everything Aubrey said! We did 3 in diapers for over a year. It was well worth the conveniece and $ in my opinion! Plus, depending on the kid, they might not actually "get it" for quite a while so you might be in some in-between phase of undies/accidents/pull-ups. Kathy advised me to wait, which I did (thank you, Kathy!) and my kids potty trained quickly. Eden took the longest at about a week. I actually love having my kids in diapers, especially when in situations like Aubrey was! Everybody's different though, so good luck deciding!