At my last appointment my doctor confirmed that I am dilated to a 2 and am 30-40% effaced! I'm really excited about that. I know I can be at this stage for awhile longer, but it's still nice to know that I've made some progress. Now all I need to do is start cleaning and vacuuming my house every other day along with some 30 minute elliptical sessions. That should get things moving...right!?
Also, I think we've narrowed down some of our baby name possibilities. I would also love to hear what some of you suggest about this next little bit!
First the background: I've always liked the name Maylie. In fact it came down to Britnee or Maylie last time around and Chad ended up winning that one. When we learned we were having a girl I immediately thought we would just go ahead and use Maylie. However, Chad's never been a big fan of that name and for months I couldn't get him to budge on it. That being said, I knew he liked the name Mylie. It's close to Maylie and was a name that I kind of liked too. So, I finally decided a few months ago that we would go ahead and name her Mylie. I told Chad that was the name we were going with and he didn't fight me on it, so that's the name I've been planning on using. Until the other day...
I sat down and started going over spelling options with him. UGH!!!! (Why does this guy, that I love so dearly, have to have such a strong opinion on everything!?) After going over our options and explaining our reason for wanting or not wanting certain spellings, Chad finally says to me, "you can go ahead and name her Maylie, I'm sure I'll get used to it after awhile." Again...UGH!!! Really! After months of getting used to Mylie he throws this at me. Now I don't know what to do and again neither of us can agree on a spelling for that name too. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD???
So, long story short we'll be taking those two names (Mylie and Maylie...spellings unconfirmed) to the hospital and seeing what fits our new little girl. I do have to give a huge shout out to my sister Keri who sent me some great lists with spelling options for each of those names. Hopefully Chad and I can come to an agreement on at least one of them. However, any suggestions that any of you have would be great.
7 comments:
It is hard. We have agreed on our boys names obviously, but not before a few other names were shot down by either of us. Marcelus could have been a Jackie, and Amar'e could have been a Channing...it's always good to have a bit of a list in case the husband doesn't go for some of them, he's bound to agree to one on the list...you do have to let go of some though which stinks but it is nice when finally an agreeance is made! Sweet relief!
I wish i had any brilliant suggestions! Michael and I had an extremely difficult time naming our little guy. We kind of did a similar thing, where he had liked the name Noah off and on throughout the pregnancy and I liked it okay, but had mostly brushed it off. However, once our little guy was born, I fell in love with it. However, Michael then decided he didn't want to use it. Argggg. We ended up calling our little guy "baby" for the first week after he was born. We have so many girl names we can agree on, but we couldn't even come up with a single boy name.---Maybe that's just the way it goes...I bet you guys have boy names all picked out! :)
I don't know what's up with guys and being indecisive. Craig and I have been trying to come up with baby names (so we have them for when we are ready) for boys and girls, but we've only agreed on girl names, and he's picky on boy names that I come up with. I mean, we came up with Sabriiya and Avalon for girls and then the only ones we've actually agreed on for boys are Desmond and Vincent (he didn't like names like Uther, Mordred, or Lucian.
Personally, I thing Maelee or Maelie might be nice ( the pronounciation of Maylie or Mylie could be used. In Latin, "ae" is pronounced as an "i" though in more recent times, it is pronounced like an "a"). Good luck! I'm so excited for your growing family!
I like Maylie because it is different and I also like the above idea of spelling it Maelie. Too cute!
And wow--you're progressing nicely! (Makes it sound like you're a turkey in the oven or something). I didn't dilate or anything with Rachel and bam--12 hours later she was in my arms. Crazy how different every pregnancy is, huh?
So when is your next appointment?!
Best wishes with the name game. Been there done that with Uncle Bob. I always liked the name Emma, Elisabeth so I could have Lizzy. You know how that ended up. At the last min when we thought we had our fourth child's name all worked out. We changed our minds when she was born because we knew it did not fit her.
I have seen both of the names you have picked before written in lovely printed lettering sitting upon a desk during the first week of school. Both are beautiful names. And not commonly heard.
Maeli could be used for Maylie-they are both darling names. I had no clue you were so close. Good Luck with everything. I'm excited for you guys.
Post a Comment