For some reason time seems to slip right past me and before I know it I'm months behind in my blogging. I normally wouldn't be too concerned about it, and would simply give up on this little blog of mine. However, this little blog of mine has become my own personal journal. For me it's a way to keep up on what it happening in our family and a great way to highlight our little adventures. As boring as they may be. So, when I see the days, weeks, and the months tick by without a single post from me I start to feel the guilt creep in. So, to avoid the guilt (and because my two oldest are over at a friends) I've decided to see if I can change my ways and get myself updated on our current happenings.
The summer was spent having lots of fun with family. Unfortunately, I've slacked off big time on the picture taking. So, I missed several opportunities to catch some of the fun that we had. Luckily, I have some great family members who tagged us in a few of their photos on facebook. Every year Chad's family goes to Flaming Gorge. This year was great since everyone (except Mike) was able to be there. We had lots of fun and spent most of our time at the beach while everyone took turns tubing on Craig and Melissa's new tube which was a huge hit with the kids...and adults.
We also had a few other family reunions that we attended. One with my family that was held at my granparents cabin. No pictures of that, but we had a great time seeing cousins and family that we don't get to see very often. We also had an extended reunion with Chad's matrenal side of the family. We were only able to participate in one day of the week long event, but it was fun to get out and hike around and then cool off with grandpa and granma's slip n' slide.
We also made an effort to throw in as many little family campouts as we could. They were few and far between, but well worth it.
It was a fun summer. Nothing big and spectacular, but we had a great time with our families and our girls and that's really all that matters!








2 comments:
Yea! Thanks for the pics! I can't believe how easy it is to get behind on the ol' blog. I am still trying to post pictures from Europe! maybe I'll post pics from this summer before the next one rolls around. :)
It really is easy to get behind in blogging. Glad you got to spend time with family doing what you all love to do.
Post a Comment