image

image

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference Goodies

My awesome visiting teacher is due to have a baby this month and wasn't sure if she would be able to make it over for a visit. So instead, she gave me this little package of goodies to enjoy during conference. Isn't she the sweetest thing! She covered a composition book with this gorgeous scrapbook paper and tied everything together with the brown polk-a-dot ribbon. Of, course I couldn't bring myself to throw the ribbon away, so I glued it to the side. Thanks Becky-you are the dearest friend and visiting teacher I could ever ask for. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, friendship and all that you do to make my days a little brighter.


One of the girls I work with came up with this idea and I thought I'd pass it along. She thought it would be great to make German pancakes for Sunday conference. I don't know how many of you know what German pancakes are so I went ahead and made it the other night. It is really good and tons of fun for your kids to watch, because it grows as it cooks.
Ingredients: 1 cup flour/1 cup milk/6 eggs/6 tbls. butter/pinch of salt
Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla/cinnamon
Directions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put butter into a 9x13 pan, and put the pan in the oven until hot. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together. Once the butter is melted, pour the batter into the pan. Then, watch it grow! (Bake for 20-25 min)
Serve with: syrup/powdered sugar/jam/peanut butter/fruit and whip cream/or anything your little heart desires.


ENJOY CONFERENCE EVERYONE!!!!

11 comments:

Chastina said...

That is one of our kids' favorite foods. (They love most breakfast foods).

On a side note: those pics on my blog were from an accident when I was driving to Snow College. (It happened just before Chad went on his mission)

I sure enjoy getting to know you better through blogging!

Becky said...

You made that book so much cuter. I love the ribbon on the side. What a cute idea. I am glad you enjoyed the kit.
We are going to make the pancakes tomorrow. What a fun idea.

AnnCP said...

Hmmm...think I might fix that tomorrow morning! And the little conference boklet - what a cute idea - will have to put that in my idea box!

Vicki said...

We call them Oven Pancakes. Michaela always wants to make them at 9 oclock at night! They are good, easy, and you don't need much time to get them done. Glad you like them.

Karena said...

Mmmmm! I'll have to try that one.

Debbie said...

Well, I missed it for conference, but I'll have to try it anyway! Sounds tasty!

Sarah said...

I read your blog yesterday, got a craving, and guess what I made for dinner? That's right, they're dee-lish!

Unknown said...

Those look so good. I have made them before and love them but yours look nice and fluffy.

lindsi said...

Camie....so glad I finally found your blog! What a cute little book Becky made for you...and what a good VT! We are actually making little note-books like that for everyone at Enrichment on Tuesday...don't miss it!

Kalun and Kristi said...

I love german pancakes, they are the weirdest looking things, but I love eating them!

Jason & Claire said...

Those pancakes sound yummy. You're right, my kids would love to watch them grow.

Giving a thing of conference goodies is such a good idea. I will definitely be using that in the future. She even made it cute too. Very sweet.