This last weekend, as some of you may know, was the opening weekend of the deer hunt. I don't know how it happened, but over the last few years it seems that the hunt has become a bit of a family tradition for the two of us. I always wanted to go with my dad when I was a little girl and hated being left behind when he would take off with my brother. Of course, I completely understand my dad's reasoning and don't blame him one bit for not wanting to take his daughter, who would have cried the entire time about how wet and cold she was. Now that I'm all grown up, and can keep my complaints to myself, I've somehow been able to convince Chad to let me tag along. Luckily, he's been a good sport about having his wife interrupt his "guy time" and I've had no problems with being accepted by the group. I've really loved getting out to hike the hills in search for the wildlife. Unfortunately, I haven't been around when someone has actually gotten a deer, but I've certainly enjoyed the effort it takes in trying to find one. The last few times I've gone the weather has been pretty bad, with nearly whiteout conditions. This year proved to be the exact opposite; warm and toasty, which made for a slow day. Warmer weather means the deer are usually higher up and scattered, making them harder to find. I guess that just means that Chad gets to go out for another weekend of hunting.
This year was pretty fun. Chad's grandparents and a couple of his relatives came out and joined us for the weekend. They all brought their families and trailers and camped out on the lake with us. The hunt starts Saturday morning, so with the warmer weather we spent all day Friday riding and shooting. It was nice to get some riding in before winter arrives. Saturday was a get up at 5:30, drive up the mountain, hike to our hunting location and hike until dusk type of day. In other words, fun and very tiring. We got back into camp that night around 6:30, loaded up, headed home and crashed into bed. I think we both had a good time and are looking forward to the next weekend of the hunt.



8 comments:
Hey Camie, I can see you have made some changes to your blog. The letter was to dark. I highlighted it so I could read all about the hunt. I think it is cool that you are going. I use to go scout out areas with my uncle when I was a little girl. He would go up find where he wanted to hunt a week or so in advance. I never actually went. But was alway's around when he brought home his kill and cleaned it. Apperciated him sharing that with me. Now I have no desire to go. To cold I guess. The thought of sleeping out on the ground does not sound all that fun.
Sorry about that Jenny. I actually was looking at a couple of different backgrounds this morning. I wasn't sold on the one I had earlier so I changed it to the current one. Hope that this one is easier to read.
I miss some aspects of hunting, I've been twice. It looks like you had fun.
I'm excited to be in YW. I'll definitely contact you when I need input. Thanks!
I like your new background! Looks like hunting was fun and too warm to actually hunt.
Sounds like fun, although I would be glad not to be around if someone actually got a deer. I am glad you guys get to take that time to be together.
I can relate to the begging dad to take us with him, but you're right...it was a good father son time for them. But I'm glad that you are living out our dreams as little girls who just wanted to go hunting too!
Looks like fun! However, I hope you get a deer this coming weekend!
Hey Camie, your trip looks like it was a lot of fun! I just wanted to say that I read that chapter and thank you for recommending it to me (especially since I haven't been able to go to church in over a month). It was very good and gave me a lot of encouragement!
Post a Comment