image

image

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

I suppose I should finally blog about our Christmas. It started off with our Christmas Eve slumber party. Which I had some pictures of, but I'm thinking were deleted by Chad. It was tons of fun. We had some delicious homemade pizza, lots of other junk food, watched movies and crashed on the air mattress under the tree. Christmas morning we woke up around 8:30 and started unwrapping gifts. It was pretty simple this year which was really nice.
Chad got some speakers for his computer, a MP3 player, shirts, pants, and even some new socks!!! He got some smaller items too, but I won't bore you with those details.
I got some scrubs, jewelry, curling iron, and some knee-high black boots. I was honestly really surprised with how well Chad did on picking some of those things out! We also got some fun little gifts from family and friends. My parents gave us some food for our food storage that they had bottled for us. They gave us some homemade applesauce (soooo good!) and some bottled deer meat. I always love getting food storage stuff. We also got a new digital camera from Chad's parents....hence the picture above. (Chad snapped a quick picture as I tried to grab the camera from him.) It's a nice little camera. We wanted a smaller one to take with us when we go four wheeling.

We spent all of Christmas day at home by ourselves. A first for us and I can't tell you how nice that was. We had such a great time just doing nothing. We did go and see family that Friday and Saturday though. We spent Friday playing games, eating pizza and watching the Jazz game with Chad's family. We spent that night at my parents and got up and had breakfast with my family. (A Christmas tradition) Then we played a few games while Chad hiked across the street to snap some pictures of the big horn sheep on the bench of the mountain.Then we headed over to my brother and sister-in-laws to celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday. It was busy couple of days, but nice to get some time in with family. After everything we hurried and rushed home for my work Christmas party. (More details to come.) Thanks to everyone who made our Christmas so special! We had a great one and feel very blessed.

P.S. Sorry about not getting my Christmas cards out. I seriously had no time to do them!

2 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Your Christmas day sounds PERFECT. Those are my favorite times. You're such a cutie!

Kalun and Kristi said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to have a sleepover by the tree, we'll have to try that sometime.