image

image

Friday, May 22, 2009

Kinsie is 1 week old

At least she was yesterday. To celebrate the big day Kinsie decided it was time to start eating a full 3 oz. She kinda likes to rotate between 2-3 oz. which leaves us guessing how much to put into her bottle. We also decided to celebrate by having some visitors. Chad had to go into work yesterday, so we thought it would be fun to have grandpa and grandma come up for a few hours to spend some quality time with their newest grand baby. I think they really enjoyed the time they had holding her, feeding her, burping her, and changing her. Kinsie was a little stinker and decided she didn't want to wake up until my parents were getting ready to leave. I think out of the 4 hours they were here, Kinsie was awake for 45 minutes. Oh well, they still loved being with her and it was nice to have the company while Chad was gone.
Kinsie is getting to be such a big girl already. She loves picking her head up and looking all over the place. We caught her picking up her head while she was lying down the other day and decided to get some video of it. I was a little late and missed the first part, but you get the general idea.

Well, we're loving every minute we have with our sweet little girl and can't believe she's 1 week old. It will be so much fun to have her get bigger and to a point where she will start to laugh and interact with us, but I'm loving these moments with her while she's so little. I guess all I can do is enjoy the moment while I'm in it.

10 comments:

Matt and Liz said...

I can't tell you how incredibly happy I am for you and Chad. I still want to talk to you so I can hear all the details. I tried calling you the other day but you weren't home. I'll have to try again. Kinsie is beautiful.

Jason & Claire said...

So sweet. I love hearing all about her. You're so smart to enjoy the moment you're in. They really do grow so fast. I love the picture of you holding her. You look absolutely in love with her. Love it!

Camie said...

Liz-
I saw you had called the other day. We had taken Kinsie into the pediatrician for a quick visit. Once we got back we got busy and forgot to give you a call. Sorry

Thomas Family said...

Oh, they grow so fast. Enjoy this new adventure!!

Vicki said...

She is so sweet. It still seems so weird that she is really yours. Thanks for putting my button on your sidebar. It's a little embarrassing, as I am not very good at making it worth looking at...

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Your dad looks great in that color! I like the length of your hair and get stuff done if she's sleeping that long! Before not too long, your free time's going to go down the toilet! ha ha

Karena said...

I loved the little video. She does one of those newborn grunts and it is just TOO CUTE! She'll start interacting with you more soon enough. Just enjoy for now.

Becky said...

Hi Camie.
I got your email saying that you were getting a baby. That is so exciting, that you have her now. I am so happy for you.

Becky

Jill said...

Soak in every moment at each stage. Before you know it, you will be sending her off to school and wonder where the time went!

Jason said...

Kinsie is such a little cutie - you guys must be so proud. We are so happy that you are having so much fun with your little angel.
-Amy