image

image

Monday, August 30, 2010

24 Days Until Autumn

Yet, I awoke this morning to find snow covered mountains.

Okay, maybe they weren't completely covered in snow, but with it being still being August I think I'm safe in saying they are as covered as they are going to get.

With snow in the mountains and temps in the mid 50's the feeling of Fall is definitely in the air. I'm really tempted to bust out the Fall decor, place a few Autumn Spice candles on their warmers, bundle up with my bundled up girls, and enjoy some hot chocolate while watching football. Unfortunately, instead of being able to do all of that I have to finish packing for our trip this weekend, make a salad for an F.H.E. get together with some friends, finish the laundry and then some last minute shopping. And never mind the fact that temps will be back into the low 90's by this weekend.

Oh well, at least I got a taste of what I have to look forward to! I love Fall and can't wait for it to get here.

7 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cool weather. I'm so jealous right now! I'm so excited for the next few months! Why do I live in Vegas?;)

Karena said...

I hear you. Out here we only have hot and less hot...I'm waiting for the less hot part to kick in.

Chastina said...

Love the look of the mountain! I almost got the jackets out this morning. I'm excited for fall, but not quite ready to let go of summer.

T Rex Mom said...

I hear what you're saying - it has definitely been fallish here too.

Vicki said...

It was a deliteful 65 degrees here after my walk this morning! But we are back up to 104 in two days :(

Emily said...

OH...you do give me hope! We are actually feeling it to, believe it or not!

LOVE IT!

{leah} said...

I'm missing fall so much!! It doesn't really happen here in Florida.

Hopw you get to bring out those candles soon!!