image

image

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looking back on July

Our month started off with a family trip to the cabin at Panguitch Lake. This is a trip we try to take every year since it's become something of a mini family reunion. Not everyone can always make it, but it's great to see those who can and this year was especially sweet because my entire family was able to make it out. We spend most of our time relaxing, playing games, eating food, riding the toys, and having fun. This year it seemed like Chad and I just spent the majority of out time playing "house" with our two girls, but in a way it was worth the 4+ hours of driving....right?!Since our family dynamics have changed so drastically in the last year and a half (5 new grandkids) and since everyone was there we decided to take some family pictures.
The Whole GangGrandpa and Grandma with the Grandkids

While we were there Chad had a little mishap with his bike which resulted in a trip to Cedar City, a couple of x-rays, and ultimately a broken wrist. He was a real champ and I have to give him some props since he was about 15 miles out and ended up riding his bike back to the cabin on his own (my brother was with him, but I don't know if I could manage to ride a motorcycle with a broken wrist). Needless to say that put a bit of a damper on the trip, but we were headed home the next day anyway. After getting back home and visiting two more doctors it was determined that Chad would need surgery to have a screw placed in his scaphoid.

Post surgery with the girls

The surgery went great and he's doing fine. It's been a pretty minor ordeal actually and the biggest stress has been the lack diaper changing on Chad's part! I've been going solo on the diaper changing for over a month now and since Chad will be in his cast until the end of the month it looks like I have a few more weeks to go. I keep telling him the next 8 months are all his :)

Our month ended with family pictures. This actually involved all of Chad's extended family, as everyone was finally back home from missions and almost everyone has had their babies. I haven't gotten the professional ones, but here is what I was able to capture with my own camera. (These were taken in the evening right when our girls usually go down for bed so they look a little worn out and it was hotter than a pistol, but all in all they did pretty good.)July is now over and we're looking forward to a new month that I'm sure will be full of new adventures. Hope you're all having a wonderful summer.

11 comments:

Chastina said...

What great pics! And being able to spend time with family. Fun! I love that the girls look so happy in the post op pics, especially Britnee.

Denise said...

Darling pictures Camie. Your girls are getting so big. I'm sure you're enjoying their antics. What a fun July (except the broken wrist). Hopefully August will be just as fun.

Amanda said...

Your pictures are so cute, I can't wait to see the professional ones! And you look beautiful! Hopefully you have a great August as well (minus any injuries).

Karena said...

I love the family picture! So cute!

T Rex Mom said...

WOW! That does sound like some adventures. I really hope Chad heals quickly.

And your girls are ADORABLE! Really wonderful family photos!

Happy diaper changing! Maybe start potty training them together in the next several months and that will make up for all those lost diaper changes! I hear girls are supposed to be easier.

Jason & Claire said...

That's such a beautiful family picture of you guys! Love it!

Connie said...

Love the new pictures! And sorry about Chad's wrist. Are you sure he's not just faking it so he doesn't have to do diaper duty? Haha, jk. I know he's a fabulous dad. It's probably killing him that he can't get in on the action!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures of the girls! Steve has always ended up out of diaper duty... not this time!

I'm glad that Chad is ok.

Debbie said...

Oh my heavens. Those pictures are absolutely SO SO CUTE! I can't believe how curly Kinsie's hair is getting. It's adorable! And Britnee is getting so big and absolutely precious!!
So sorry about Chad's wrist... and by the same token the diaper changing dilemma. :) Some days I feel like poop is my middle name. Yuck.

Kalun and Kristi said...

Those girls are so adorable! I love Kinsie's dress

Vicki said...

I'm just impressed that your girls keep their bows on their heads...
(I see a lot of your mom in Britnee. Crazy)