image

image

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

I have so much catching up to do with this blog of mine, but we've been having some major computer issues.  Luckily we have our trusty laptop, but it isn't as conducive when it come to uploading pictures, editing pictures, and the likes.  However, I couldn't let Halloween just fade into the background.  Especially since I remembered to take some pictures this year.  In fact these are the girls first Halloween pictures ever.  Sad, but true.
This year the girls went as Dorothy Gale and a Cheerleader.  I made Kinsie's costume and her ruby slippers too.  Her little black Toto dog was actually from Dannie, her birthmom, and worked out perfect. I got  Britnee's costume at Once Upon a Child for under $4.oo and found her pom poms at Hobby Lobby for $1.00.  I made the little cheerleading megaphone which also doubled as her candy bucket.
I love her deer in headlight look in the picture.  She looks so much like a Harper in this shot too.  In fact, she really reminds me of my sis-in-law Jodi in this picture.  I think it's the nice luscious lips and eyes. 
Kinsie loves taking pictures and is really good at saying cheese and giving me a nice cheesy grin.  She was so funny when we were out trick-or-treating.  After we left every house she would say, "More candy Mom."  letting us know that she wasn't ready to go back home.  She also fell in love with one of our neighborhood friends who had dressed up as Rapunzel and wanted to go with her to every house.
Working on a smile.
"Cheering" into her megaphone.
 Both of them "cheering" in to their candy buckets. 
They are such little goofs.

 My sister, Keri, inspired me to do something a little creative with my prego belly this year.  So, I decided to go as a pumpkin.  It was a big hit with our neighbors and was fun to got into the action without spending a dime.  Just ignore my chubby cheeks...my face is where I gain all of my weight.  Lucky me it has to be the face and not my thighs.
We had such a great time with the girls this year and can't wait to add another little goblin to the mix. We hope you all had a fun time dressing up and getting you own personal fill of candy.

P.S.  I'll try to get another post out in a few days or sometime next week.  (This is more of a personal encouragement for myself than anything)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You looked beautiful and so did your girls! Love the pumpkin top--wish I'd had one last year!

Chastina said...

Love the costumes! I think your shirt is my favorite.

Michaela said...

You guys all look SO cute! Hahah. I love the picture of Britnee cheering into her megaphone. And I can't believe you're going to have another girl! Congrats!

Randi said...

CAMIE!

I can't believe it! How are you? I'm so glad you found my blog! It's been forever...I'm so happy to see you so happy, and your family is absolutely beautiful!

One of these days, we'll have to have a roommate reunion! I miss you girls!

We'll be in touch!
xoxo,
Randi

Karena said...

I love how all the costumes turned out! You look amazing. Love you.