image

image

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

LDS Infertility


I wish I had known about this site a few years back. Unfortunately, I've only recently discovered this priceless jewel and therefore had to share it with all of you.  I would hate for anyone who has ever dealt with any form of infertility to miss out on the peace and comfort that can be found here:
ldsinfertility.org
Infertility is something that will never go away.  I know that may not make sense, especially coming from someone who has not only been lucky enough to adopt the most beautiful little girl but who has found herself fortunate enough to become pregnant with two more little girls.  Nevertheless it's true.  I will always struggle with infertility. 
I will always wonder if we will ever be able to have anymore kids.  I will always be haunted by the 6 years of infertility that went through.  I will always carry the burden of having endometreosis and the issues that can occur with that.  I will always know the heartache and emptiness that comes from not being able to have the children you so desire to have.  I will always be able to empathize with another individual who is dealing with their own journey of infertility and will recognize what anguish they are dealing with, no matter how well they are able to portray happiness to the outside world.  I will never take the miracle of being able to bring a child into the world for granted...NEVER!!!
Regardless of how many children Chad and I will be able to bring into the world (with the help of our Heavenly Father) the scars of infertility will never go away.  They may fade a little, but I will never be able to forget the pain those wounds made. 
So, for those of you who may be facing the uncertainty and anguish of infertility I hope will take a look at 
and find a way to add a little hope and healing to your pain.  Remember, there is always something to be thankful for.  Even though, at times, it doesn't feel that way!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, so you just posted this and I've only briefly had a chance to look at that site, but it looks amazing. I can't wait to look through it more in-depth.

And I'm really glad you wrote what you did. I've tried really hard to just cherish this past year with Rachel, but I'm starting to think more and more about wanting more kids...I told myself (and Heavenly Father) I would be content if I only have two. If we are blessed with more, they will be welcomed joyfully into our home. And even though I feel I can be content with the wonderful blessings we do have, I do want more. And wondering if it will ever happen again is really, really hard. Mostly I just try not to think about it and trust that if it is the Lord's will, it will happen. But it's still hard. This is a really long comment. I might have to write my own post about this topic! :)

Shannon said...

Camie, I love this site and I think it's fabulous that you are spreading the word about it.
It was interesting reading your blog and realizing ( a little more clearly) how much infertility affects the heart. It really is just an empty aching, isn't it. I'm so thankful that I know you and that your example and goodness and light have always been a reminder to me that life is good and hope is powerful.