image

image

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Saturday's Activies: Bottle Butter and Flag Football

A few months ago I was talking to a friend of mine about food storage, and I asked her what I could do to store butter. I had seen powdered butter canned, but didn't know if that was my only option. I was surprised when she told me that you can actually bottle butter! I was really intrigued by that! So, what did I do? I never got the recipe from her, that's what I did. Lucky for me I have a cousin who just posted the recipe and instructions for bottled butter. So, she gets all the credit for this one. (Thanks Connie) In fact, if you want to know how to make it you're going to have to go to her blog at
http://www.greenappleorchard.blogspot.com/
I'm simply posting the pictures of my butter to show you how easy it is. I highly recommend you give it a try! It doesn't take very long and it doesn't require lots of extra hands. Like I said, go to my cousins blog, get the directions (she gives step-by-step directions), and start adding onto your food storage! (I don't know why it looks so orange in the pictures?)




After the butter was all bottled we headed out for a ward flag football game. It's been hard for Chad to get involved with sports, the way he used, due to his calling. He hasn't been able to play basketball, softball, and volleyball because games are week nights, and that's usually when he's at the Stake Center. However, flag football is a little different. Those games are usually on a Friday or Saturday night. So, he's been able to get out and actually play a little. It's been about a year since he's been able to really get out with the guys and play some ball, so I think he's pretty excited about it. And I have fun too. I forgot to bring a blanket and jacket, so I was ready to go home once the game was done, but it was nice to watch him play again.





11 comments:

Becky said...

So did you find a great deal on butter? Let me know cause I would love to try this if it will save some money and of course add to food storage.

Karena said...

Awesome! When Gavin and I were planning our food storage, I remember worrying about butter. Who doesn't love and need butter? But because it's stored in the fridge, I was worried that I'd have to suppliment with something else. I'm so relieved!

BallerinaBiker said...

I was talking to my sister about this very thing a week or so ago. Sweet! Cause I bought some butter already canned at the case lot sale and it was $5 for this tiny little can (like a can of chicken or tuna size). We called it the golden butter, worth a million dollars! I need to try out Connie's recipe.

Kalun and Kristi said...

The football games look fun. Kalun is in two competive flag leagues right now. I love going to watch. Besides I've just always loved being outside, bundling up, and watching football, it means my birthday is getting close!!!

Jill said...

I am totally going to try out this butter thing! I have been wondering about storing butter in food storage and you have answered all my questions!

CMTASK said...

My favorite is the last picture. I love that all the guys are standing looking at Chad and smiling, that is totally like Chad to make people laugh, nice photo op!

Anonymous said...

I saw that connie had done this. I want to try. But gotta wait until we get moved. Well, we are starting the process. You know what that is like. We just put the for rent sign on the lawn last night.

Sariah said...

Hey Camie I found you while blog hopping. I hope you don't mind. I don't comment very often. You and your husband are a very cute couple. I hope that every thing works out with the adoption ap. You are in my prayers.

Jason & Claire said...

I can't believe you just posted about this. We just got our powdered butter and cheese. I swear I was putting it away barely 30 minutes ago. I wish I had read this a week ago. Maybe I will try this anyway. It wouldn't hurt to have extra. Thanks for the info!

Jason & Claire said...

Sorry, I have to add that I went and told Jason about this and he is so excited to try it. So, thanks again, from him!

Sarah said...

I love all your storage tips! Keep 'em coming!