image

image

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Every year we decide to dress up at work for Halloween. We try to keep our costumes simple, as we have to work on patients throughout the day. So, we've created a couple of costumes that still allow us to wear our scrubs. This year I went as a black cat. Total cost: $1.00 for the headband that I attached my ears to. (I made the ears from construction paper) Jeni, one of the assistants, came as a mummy. She got the shirt at Target and wore it over a white shirt and white scrub bottoms. Then she tied cheese cloth on her arms and wove it through her hair. Total cost: ??? I don't know how much she spent on the shirt, but I couldn't have been that much!

And then we have the Dr. who decided to go as a nudist on strike this year. You can't really see it, but underneath his "declaration" he wrote....."will end strike for candy." I actually thought this was a pretty funny idea for a costume, although it would have been better had he showed up wearing a bathrobe. Total cost: $0.00
We had a pretty fun day handing out candy and treats to patients. Jeni made some cupcakes and we had plenty of candy which we had scattered all over the front desk. Jeni also made some great little treats for each of us to take home to our families. She is so thoughtful and really talented when it comes to this kind of stuff. I just had to share her cute little creations. First she made these cupcake witches. She said their faces kept wanting to slide off, but I think it makes them look more like a witch.
Then she made these adorable little mummy brownies. She made them like you would cupcakes, then frosted them and put cut up strips of gum for the cloth with M&M eyes. I thought they were so cute.
These are just some decorations I made one year with my brother and sister. I saw them in a magazine and thought they would be fun to make. All you need are some sheets of that spongy foam, scissors, glue, a marker and some silly eyes. They are super easy and make a great craft for your kids. I usually hang these up on my front door the night of Halloween.
Anyway-I hope everyone had a great Halloween. I also hope too many of you aren't sick from the gobs of candy you've eaten!!!

6 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

HA- those are some really neat costumes. You look adorable. I especially love the doc's. Looks like a fun place to work!

Karena said...

We aren't sick off the candy yet, but can you image what it's like when you have kids who bring home gobs of candy to a pregnant mommy? So not fair. We'll see how I hold up.

Connie said...

I love the decorations and the mummy cupcakes! Very cute ideas!

Anonymous said...

Love the cup cake ideas. Very cute witch. Love your spongy decorations. I think I will make up some spiders next year.

lindsi said...

Such cute ideas...love the costumes and the fun Halloween treats. I'll have to remember some of them for next year!

Sarah said...

It looks like you have a really fun job- it especially helps if you have cool people to work with!
CUTE ideas!