I used to love it. I loved having more daylight during the day. Daylight that allowed me to be outside longer than normal. Daylight that allowed me to work in the ward and go on walks after dinner. Daylight that made my day just a little bit better. Daylight was good!Now, that same daylight (and setting our clocks one hour ahead) is throwing off our entire routine. A routine that had Kinsie waking up and taking naps the same time each day. A routine that had Kinsie eating dinner, bathing, and going to bed at the same time. A routine that had Britnee waking up only once in the night. A routine that made my day just a little bit better. Here's to spending the next two weeks creating a whole new routine with all that extra (somewhat wonderful) daylight!
Best Friends
Already I can tell that my girls are going to be good friends (at least I hope so!). Kinsie is constantly trying to be by Britnee and look at her and give her "loves". I've also caught Britnee watching Kinsie play and do stuff. It's so cute to see the two of them together. I'll often catch Kinsie standing by Britnee while I'm trying to get some important stuff done...like blogging. Right now this as close as we can get to having the two of them play together, but I'll take what I can get.
Where can I turn for peace?
Aside from the obvious gospel centered answers: scriptures, prayer, and the temple-I've found my personal sanctuary in my shower. The shower has proven to be the one moment in my day when I can truly escape from...things. This morning I actually was giddy at the idea of being able to finally take a shower. There is just something special about the nice hot water, the solitude, and the chance to literally drown out any background noises. Not that I don't enjoy listening to my two girls cry their eyes out.
side note: The shower is also the one place where I come up with some of my best ideas! Call it inspiration if you will :)
Kinsie's new do.
Kinsie's hair has gotten to be a little bit longer. So, this past week I finally decided to attempt two full pigtails. The result....
I love it. The back is still a little too short, so some of it starts to fall out by the end of the day, but it's a start. It makes her look so grown up too. Still not sure if I love that.
I'm dying to start working on some projects.
I just can't seem to find the time. Although, that isn't necessarily true. Somehow I was able to find enough time to crochet Britnee a blanket for her blessing in only 4 days. However, Chad says I'm not allowed to do that ever again. Any spare time I had was devoted to that blanket which meant my family was temporarily put on the back burner...oops! So any future projects I do decide to work on must be spaced out over a period of time.
Right now I want to start crocheting a blanket for someone I know (won't name names in case they read this) and I have some ideas on something I want to put together with some frames that I got from my mother-in-law. I don't want to go into detail in case I decide to use those as gifts.
I guess my biggest problem is trying to get to Hobby Lobby for supplies with my two kiddos. My double stroller won't fit in my car which makes it pointless to have in the first place.
Just can't get enough of this one! The one good thing about daylight-saving was having Kinsie sleep in an hour later. With 9:00 church it's been rather difficult to get the girls and myself ready in time. Yesterday I had enough time to get ready, eat breakfast, and snap these adorable pics of my little Britnee. Not bad if I do say so myself.
8 comments:
The shower is a young mother's best friend. I don't think I could've said it any better myself.
I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think I see a little of you in that little Britnee. (I said a little!) She is growing up.
what a post! Britnee still looks just like Chad to me. Kinsie is so cute with her new piggies! She is such a chubby cherub! She's just never going to lose those cheeks!
I can totally relate to the shower part. I get most of my ideas and inspiration in the shower too, and as a young mom, it is the only place you can escape to where you are completely alone.
Amen on the daylight savings...AMEN!
Love the pigtails. LOVE THEM!
That baby is starting to look a little like you! HOW FUN!!
Yeah I hear you on the daylight savings... The only thing that makes Springing Forward worth it, is the fact that it means summer is just around the corner! Your girls are adorable!
If you hate Daylight Savings that much, you'll have to move to AZ- we don't have it! It's the best. And ditto everything you said about the shower! I get awesome, sometimes even brilliant ideas in there, but then I forget them as soon as I get out. I need a white board in there or something :) And ADORABLE pics of those two girlies!
Love my shower too. I am much more of a grump when I don't get one.
Drop the girls off and I will watch them so you can run to Hobby Lobby.
Amen to the shower post! It is heaven on earth most days....and definitely my place of inspiration also! I would also love to watch the girls sometime when you need a break!
Post a Comment